Chesterfield & Nathan Tyson Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyallthomas

Reaction score
I had flawless tactics - a 4-1-3-2 formation that won me League Two and a strong squad.

In my first season in League One i was third for the best part of a season but confidence fell and a bad ending left me with 10th in the end.

Happy though at my first attempt.

Second season im 12th in December and my season hasnt got going yet. I signed Nathan Tyson who is class but i just cant get him involved in play.

I need some help on how to get feeding him ball after ball infront of him bearing down on goal- he will always score.

I know I should perhaps use a Target Man- him obviously- but ive never been able to make it work and I love using wide playmakers.

Looking at Nathan Tyson basic stats you should imploy a targetman tactic and send the ball infront of him as due to acceleration of 15 and flair of 17 he can outrun many of the players in League 1 fairly easily.

I signed him when i'd just won promotion to league 2, managing Luton Town. He's a class player. He does tend to play very wide and runs with the ball alot, often beating a few players to get a shot off. I didn't play him as a target man - he's not tall, and he's not particularly strong. I played him as a poacher, with a deep lying forward (***** Topp) and between them they scored about 25 goals each through the season.

I signed him when i'd just won promotion to league 2, managing Luton Town. He's a class player. He does tend to play very wide and runs with the ball alot, often beating a few players to get a shot off. I didn't play him as a target man - he's not tall, and he's not particularly strong. I played him as a poacher, with a deep lying forward (***** Topp) and between them they scored about 25 goals each through the season.
This is an old 09 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.