Jden86

Reaction score
FM15 I took Portsmouth to 2nd in the EPL over about 7 seasons. FM16 I want to do another League 2 team, League 2 is a challenge enough so I want a team with a good chance of being promoted. Taking into account finances, facilities, players, stadium, supporter base ect. I don't necessarily want the richest team but one that people think could sustain life at the top.

I am also keen to manage a team with a good back story, IE: AFC WIMBLEDON.

Part of the criterea is that they can never have been in the Prem League or Div1 before, which rules out teams like Portsmouth and Notts Co.

I know I can search for this stuff myself but I am always interested in others opinions.

Tranmere Rovers F.C.

They're a mersyside club so you've Liverpool and Everton as local rivals.

Never been in the Premier Division but reached 3 play off finals in the 90's; loosing all 3.

They had a few cup runs and reached the Quarter-finals of the FA cup in 99/00, 2000/01 and 2003/4

They also just got relegated so they should be in a good position to go straight back up.

Im Portsmouth, got promoted in my 1st season and now sitting 3rd in league one. Signed Danny Graham, Jayden Stockley, Carl Barker and few others. Jayden is top scored with 17 after 20 odd games...........Loving it

I've just started a save in League 2 with Hartlepool. I have no affinity to them irl, but noticed that they were the only side in the division that have never won a trophy or even progressed higher than League one.

Finances are around £600,000 with a £10,000 budget. Haven't had a chance to look over the actual squad yet but this definitely seems like a solid project for an experienced player.

Im Portsmouth, got promoted in my 1st season and now sitting 3rd in league one. Signed Danny Graham, Jayden Stockley, Carl Barker and few others. Jayden is top scored with 17 after 20 odd games...........Loving it

I loved Portsmouth save last year, eventually won the Europa League, getting a bit stuck now, finishing 4th to 2nd.

i always start with my carlisle united. I am more looking forward to it this season with the players that have been brought in. Might be worth a try.