Choosing International Team Squads

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering for those of you who manage international squads, (England 2018 for me) what is your system/what do you base your 23 man squad around?
How do you choose the players?
Do you often watch games? Or do you depend on match reports and ratings, or on reputation?

I am not sure how to go about with my call-ups for England. And how can I receive an average/look up the general match performance a player has had for his club since the last international. And how can you look back on previous match reports/player reports?

Thanks

im currently england manager and just won world cup 2014 and my squad through out the the tournament was a mix of experience players and youngsters, i had 3 experience players in a game and rest are youngsters (upto 21 years old) and i found that was the right mix in the group stages and any friendlys had i had an all young squad and i've currently only lost once in 33 games due to a defensive mistake by gary cahill again n.ireland,

you want to have a solid defensive cm and a solid attacking cm and pacey wingers and at least one solid striker, but will be better to have to solid strikers as your done for if your main one gets injured that hapened with me but thankfully daniel welbeck took over with a bang,

im about to go into a friendy with a full squad of youngsters

Hi,I have manage England squad between 2015 to 2018 winning European cup in 2016,but get kicked out in semi final to Argentina in World Cup in 2018.get sacked the boardroom want the team in final.now in 2019 managing Italy manage to qualify for euro 2020.choose player with at least 13 in bravery stat but at least 15 above for defending.play with 442 tripletweak tactic.hope can win another euro cup for 2nd time.

I pull up the national pool, change the display of stats to "Club selection" to see who's playing well for their club, then change it to "International selection" to see who's been producing for the national team. I make sure those players are called up/selected for the national team. If you don't mind the "search player" feature, you can pull up players of that nationality and assign the scouting pool to likely call-ups. I don't attend many games to scout the players, just enough to be "seen" as active to the players.
As for picking the roster - I set a couple tactics and try to fill each tactic with a starter and a cover. Most international selections require 3 GK's, then I pick up 7-8 defenders, 7-8 midfield/dmc/wingers, and 4-5 forwards. Utility players with more than one position are really handy for international selection.
And whatever you do, don't listen to the press regarding who you left off the team, if you go for youth, they razz you for picking older players, if you go with established stars, they complain about ignoring youth development.

the thing that I find annoying with national team managment is I can't see assistant reports for everyone in national pool, scout reports don't work either

Back