• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini says injuries to key midfielders are causing him selection problems.

More...

Save up your pennies then Roberto and buy one in the January sales if you have scraped enough together :) poor little mite

Last edited:
dont belive it heard it all now maybe he needs another str and a couple of defenders aswell:P

Can Mancini never just accept that they didn't deserve to win, instead of making up ridiculous excuses.

Can Mancini never just accept that they didn't deserve to win, instead of making up ridiculous excuses.

Did you actually read the article? Infact Mancini's quoted as saying as

Mancini said:
It's incredible, we lost two points after we scored two goals and dominated the game. But I think this can be a lesson for us. When we have the chances we should score.

Now forgive me if I can't see it, but where, in that little passage does he blame injuries or come up with a ridiculous excuse for dropping points?

What's ridiculous, is you.

The article yet again is very mis-leading lol. If you just read the title you think he is saying we need more players which is bollocks. But what he is really saying is our main midfielders are out injured which could very well be true.

The article yet again is very mis-leading lol. If you just read the title you think he is saying we need more players which is bollocks. But what he is really saying is our main midfielders are out injured which could very well be true.
I thought you were a Chelsea fan?

Never question BBC's headline making capability.

In before Mike closes this thread :P

Misleading headline. Misrepresenting what the manager actually said. The BBC.

Say it ain't so.

Did you watch the game? I did, I was there... As expected we battered Fulham off the park pretty much the entire game but we became sloppy and conceded 2 very cheap goals. We sat back and tried to absorb the preassure when Fulham pulled it back to 1-2. If we had put away all our chances it would have been another rout.

Mancinis comments have been, as per usual, taken out of context. He meant we have injuries in the middle of the park that are limiting his options at the moment.

It really niggles me that it seems to be disproportionately the foreign managers in the league who have a highly sensationalised spin placed on what they say. Non-club specific point (my club has gone Brit-Brit-Foreign-Foreign-Brit-Brit in managers so I've seen both sides) but it is a bit weird. If Mancini doesn't get silverware or at least push very, very close for it, the knives are already sharpened for him.

Did you watch the game? I did, I was there... As expected we battered Fulham off the park pretty much the entire game but we became sloppy and conceded 2 very cheap goals. We sat back and tried to absorb the preassure when Fulham pulled it back to 1-2. If we had put away all our chances it would have been another rout.

Mancinis comments have been, as per usual, taken out of context. He meant we have injuries in the middle of the park that are limiting his options at the moment.

You didn't batter us the entire game, last 35-40 minutes or so, you were on the backfoot. Not sure I get this myth about City having loads of chances either, Fulham had the same amount and if anyone was going to win that game towards the end, it would of been us. A draw was probably the fairest result.

Back