Civilization V Announcement Trailer

Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfnD0M6JazA"]YouTube- Civilization V Announcement Trailer[/ame]

:wub:

Nice, I enjoyed Civ IV so may get this, not sure yet though.

i've played Civ since the Civ2. it's ******* glorious!!! May need a new PC for this though. Never could get into Civ4 though, strangely enough.

looooook Aweeesssoooomeee! :D cant wait!

i'm not really a fan of Sid Meier

Prefer the Age of Empires series

Looks amazing. Its always been a good strategy game but now with great graphics, should be a good one to test my comp.

never played the Civilisation, i've played Age of Empires and Age of Mytholology though, how similar is it to those? is there actually any fighting or is just buliding a city...?

never played the Civilisation, i've played Age of Empires and Age of Mytholology though, how similar is it to those? is there actually any fighting or is just buliding a city...?

Not that similar. Civilization to Age of Empires is complex mathematical algorithms to cave paintings. Though i do love Age of Empires, but it's an RTS, whereas Civ is turn based.

I love Civilization Revolution. I did try Civ IV but never really got into it. I will probably try the demo for Civ V. I hope it grips me like Civ Revolution did.

Turn-based strategy game.

I thought Civilization IV was alright, never played the others. Doubt I'll get this one though, just can't see myself spending much time on it.

The game is out today in North America and on the 24th in Europe. The game has been met with positive reviews so far.

Civilization V was met with positive reception. Gametrailers.com gave it 9.4 out of 10.G4TV gave it 5 out of 5 citing it as a "fantastic turn-based strategy game" and that it was "In many ways, the best representation of the series and certainly the most accessible for new and old players alike. As a drawback they criticised that AI as being fairly average and the diplomatic aspect as "anemic". IGN gave the game an "Outstanding 9.0" and saying "This is the first Civilization for PC that is worth just about every person’s time."

A demo was announced to become available on September 21, same day as the North American full game release.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-civilization-v/704828

will decide on purchase after seeing at friends house and what they say. gonna have a lot of new games though so will have to see. My A levels are going to go well :D

Didn't play Civilization either.... But did play Age of Mythology and Rise of Nations.....

I Loved IV, so will probaly get this one, but as it is a busy period with new games, this will have to wait until x-mas sales.

The tactical battles look pretty but a bit odd scale-wise. An individual battle spralling all over the north of england ?

I believe it's a lot more complex on the cultural/ industrial ect. front than the Total War games. Not sure I'd have the patience or attention span to get into it in any depth. The graphics look nice though.

lots of games are coming out but this looks brilliant read the review in this months pcgamer and they gave it 90 something and the review was good and i lold when he sed gandhi attacked him

Back