Clarets' Fletcher in Wolves talks

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 740

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Burnley and Scotland striker Steven Fletcher is holding negotiations with Wolves about a possible transfer to Molineux.

More...

Good move for Wolves, but I've heard £7M, bit steep :S

Last edited:
At least they might consider playing 4-4-2 now with Doyle and potentially Fletcher instead of there defensive 4-5-1.

wolves were becoming one of the most boring teams to play against! I hope your right Jack, maybe 2 upfront will be a possibility

wolves struggled for goals last season, great signing for them. fletcher is a definate premiership striker 7 mill is a decent price.

I wouldn't pay a penny over £4M for him. He can do a decent job but he didn't excite me when we were touted as potential buyers. He is hardly an exotic goal-machine but if Wolves get decent players, a bigger stadium and keep their debts low then they have a very bright future indeed.

This should go in the transfer rumours thread, should it not?

It isn't a rumour though, is it?

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:48 PM ----------

Completed his move for an undisclosed fee believed to be £7.5m.

does anyone else think that £7million is a bit steep for this player? or is it just me

Is this what the transfer market has come to? Players like Steven Fletcher fetching a price of £7.5 million for their services?

Wouldn't be at all surprised if we offloaded Jermaine Jenas for over £7 million at this rate. It's insanity.

Is this what the transfer market has come to? Players like Steven Fletcher fetching a price of £7.5 million for their services?

Wouldn't be at all surprised if we offloaded Jermaine Jenas for over £7 million at this rate. It's insanity.

Decent strikers are hard to come by, not many can even score 8 goals in Premier League so Wolves believe there is not much risk in this transfer, he's still young and likely to improve and hopefully score more goals.

Completed his move for an undisclosed fee believed to be £7.5m.

£7.5m does seem abit steep but Burnley didn't struggle for goals last season and Fletcher looked a very good player, would be a brilliant buy if it was more around the £5m region. Should do well partnering Doyle next season if Wolves switch to 2 strikers.

I'm delighted with £7.5m (£6.5m initially and an extra £1m if they stay up). We paid £3m for him only last season.

He is far from the finished article though.

Back