harrypal

Reaction score
Extremely disappointed with ridiculous and pointless LONG RANGE SHOTS

In my first season with Burnley in the Championship, we won promotion as league champions and FA Cup (The double) after knocking out the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Aston Villa.

I won the Championship Manager of the Year Award and also one of my players, George Porter won Championship young player of the year Award.

The life in the Premier League begins with 4 competitions to look forward to including the Europa League, not to mention the Community Shield.

Transfers

View attachment 299525

Main transfers include Adel Taarabt, Jay Spearing, Tal Ben Haim, Alessio Sestu and Dariusz Dudka.

My team and tactics

View attachment 299526

Its a 4-5-1. You get more organization defensively and more discipline in overall game play.

Our preseason went really well with some good results and performances, but we lost the Community Shield to Manchester City in penalties. We were actually winning that game 2-1, but City equalized in the last second (literally) of the game, so it went to penalties and we lost.

Great results

Here are some of my major results in the league so far. Our first game was against Spurs away and we won that 2-1 to have a great start to the campaign.

View attachment 299531

Then we got 3 straight wins in September all at home against Brighton, Reading and Stoke. I won the manager of the month award beating Kevin Keegan and Arsene Wenger (great feeling).

The 1-0 win against Stoke is one of my highlights.

View attachment 299532

We managed to get 2 great points against Chelsea and Arsenal. 1-1 draw against Chelsea at home and an incredible 0-0 against Arsenal at the Emirates.

Burnley 1-1 Chelsea

View attachment 299533

Arsenal 0-0 Burnley

View attachment 299534

As we mentioned we are in Europa League as well, thanks to our FA Cup win last season. We qualified straight to the group stages. Our group consists of Atletic Bilbao, Spartak Moscow and Videoton. Our first game was Spartak Moscow away and we got a 1-1 draw there, a very special result given the fact that they were really dominating the game. This followed with a great win against Videoton then 2 back to back fixtures against Athletic Bilbao. First at home, which ended 1-1, a really good point, then we got the result of the season so far by winning away at Athletic 2-1.

View attachment 299535

Our last game was against Spartak Moscow at home, which finished 2-2 and we qualified to the knockout stages after finishing 2nd in our group.

View attachment 299545

Our League Cup and FA Cup results to follow next.