ian3435

Reaction score
Hi.

Just by way of introduction, I've been playing fm/cm since 01/02. Had my best success with FM06 (don't know what it was about that game..) and I've been desperately trying to replicate it.

I've even started with Hereford United (which FM06 randomly selected for me when I started my first league in that game and I took to over 100 wins). ANYWAY:

I'm by no means a tactical nut. In fact, I appreciate the scouting and the other management processes as much as I do the match-day experience (success off the pitch leads to success on it...). I started using the more positionally defined tactics at the beginning, but I switched to classic just out of familiarity. I've got Hereford about to drop from the League 2 when I promised a mid table finish (this will be written up in the stories section).

Can someone give me a rundown of the basic skill sets required for each position (ideally) using the "classic" tactic. Can the ideal attributes feature be relied on even in classic tactic mode? Is this information in another thread somewhere?

I'm currently alternating between a 442 diamond and a 451 tactic. Both ideally would have attacking mentalities but due to the losses I've incurred I've had to draw back and play more defensively than I'd like to. Quick, short passing, closing down over the whole pitch, and tight zonal marking are the instructions I've assigned to both tactics.

Thanks for your help!
-Ian (Canadian FM Fan)