Cloughie and Taylor challenge

• Thread starter Michael Onwuegbu
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 798
M

Michael Onwuegbu

The forgotten story of … Brian Clough's other right-hand man ...

THE CLOUGH AND TAYLOR CHALLENGE
Brian Clough and Peter Taylor. One of the greatest manager and assistant manager duos in football. My challenge is to emulate them. The rules are simple.
RULE 1
Take over a League 2 team of your choice. Your first call of order should be to hire a new assistant manager. This will be the man to follow you throughout your journey just as Peter Taylor followed Clough.
RULE 2
After a while take over a team in the championship predicted to finish bottom half. Remember to bring your assistant with you. You must take this team to the Prem and win it as Clough and Taylor did with Derby.
RULE 3
After winning the league resign and either spend a year unemployed or go to a League One team alone as Clough did with Brighton. I present the option to spend a year unemployed as I imagine it would be difficult to do the next part of the challenge after going to League One.
RULE 4
The next step is to take over the League Champions or at least a team that can challenge for the title.
RULE 5
This next part might dishearten you but next you have to do something to get yourself sacked just like Clough was at Leeds.
RULE 6
Finally after your sacking takeover a championship team and reunite with your old assistant. Take them to the Prem and win two Champions Leagues. After this the challenge is complete.
Those are the rules I've thought of. Feel free to try it and send a screenshot here!