Club Hotspur and my amazing signings!

• Thread starter Thread starter Olly Cox
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3K

Olly Cox

Reaction score
I purchased Football manager a while ago and have currently spent four days playing it, I am Tottenham and I have made a few signings so far. I am on my second season and here is my transfer history:
2 Seasons worth IN:
CB Christopher Samba, Blackburn, 20m Barclay's Premier League signing of the year 2011/12, need I say more?
CB Fabricio Coloccini, Newcastle, 6.5m relatively good signing, forgot to register for the first season
LB Leighton Baines, Everton, 12.5m Very good signing, playing superbly this season
RW Junior Hoilett, Blackburn, 12.5m Looking good for us, replacement for injured Lennon (injured for whole of season)
RW Raheem Sterling, Liverpool, 5m Hot prospect who is meant to go up to 4 stars, played a few cup games
CM Jack Rodwell, Everton, 13m Another good player, looking good but will get better
ST Carlos Tevez, Manchester City, 15m I thought it was a steal, he wanted to move away from Manchester City and after Adebayor had gone back I instantly nabbed him, another signing of the year I hope.
GK Alphonse Areola, PSG, 2.5m, Gomes sold for 7.5m So when he was listed I thought why not, turns out he can get from 2.5 stars to 3.5, and Friedel and Cudicini are only 0.5 of a star better then him, and he is around 20 years old.
Future prospects:
Marek Hamsik - Wants to join a big Premier league club, offered Napoli 15m
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar - agreed a fee of 5.5m for the 30 year old Holland striker, Van Der Vaart recommended him and I think him and Tevez will really shine together, obviously if the Defoe-Tevez partnership goes well, I could get him to pair with Van Der Vaart alone in the striker position.
2 seasons worth OUT:
Roman Pavyluchenko, Wolves, 8m, Surplus to requirements in the 2012/13 season with the signing of Tevez and Huntelaar.
Tom Huddlestone, Wolves, 8m, Once again he didn't get a chance in the 2011/12 season, never impressed me after his injury.
Giovanni Dos Santos, 10m, Villereal, I just couldn't decline this amount of money for a player that is a third backup behind Lennon and Hoilett for RM.
Bassong, 6m, Blackburn, After the signing of Coloccini and Samba, he didn't really have much fun waiting behind 6 other defenders for a first team spot. (Samba, King, Kaboul, Dawson, Coloccini, Gallas and then Bassong)
Niko Kranjcar, 7m, Shalke 04, Not needed with Van Der vaart taking his AM role and Bale his LM. New signings also prevented first team roles.
William Gallas, 4.5m, Racing, Like Bassong, he was very low in the defender list. Old and not needed by tottenham.
Rumoured out of the club:
Kyle Naughton - unhappy with amount of gameplay, does not talk to me after I said he could go on loan. Leaving in June of 2013
Bongani Khumalo, Surplus to requirements, wanting first team football, Wigan are interested.
Trophys won during 2011/12 season:
Premier League - great for us
F.A Cup - some brilliant young performers, lucky with the fixtures as Aton Villa beat Manchester City and we beat Aton Villa in the Semi's, Newcastle beat Manchester United and I beat Newcastle United in the final.
Trophies won during 2012/13 season:
Some super league against Real Madrid, board of directors aren't interested in it though so that was quite useless
Community Shield - Great display with a 2-1 win against Manchester United, but once again Board of Directors not interested. :@
anyway, I am first in the league so I am hopeful of winning it again in the semis for the FA cup and in quarters for the Carling cup.
My management of the GB UNDER 23's TEAM.
I had some good players in the team, but I can only vaguely remember. We lost to Spain in the finals of the tournament beating Brazil in the semis.
If anyone has any input of who I should sign or where I should move I have my contract until 2015 and its december of 2012, I will accept transfer recommendations on who I should buy and sell and I would like to sign a back up for Bale but that is all. Thanks!
My 2012/13 line up - Tottenham Hotspur
GK - Alphonse Areola
RB - Kyle Walker CB - Christopher Samba CB - Ledley King LB - Leighton Baines
RM - Arron Lennon / Junior Hoilett CM - Luka Modric CM - Scott Parker / Jack Rodwell LM - Gareth Bale
(AM Van Der Vaart When defoe or Tevez is tired or injured)
ST - Jermain Defoe ST - Carlos Tevez

Thats all!

Olly ***
Manager of Tottenham Hotspur
Premier league Winner

Last edited:
<p>

Moved to I think the correct section.

I don't know what this is, to show off your players or the start of a story? I'm kinda confused here.

18349695.jpg

just kidding, not sure what it was all for though.. sounds like you have the defualt patch there mate, update it via Steam.....

15m for Tevez isn't bad but I'd have been more patient! On my Charlton save I'm into atm 2nd season in the prem (4th season, back to back promotions) he was on a free and I got him down to 50k a week but got swamped by Dortmund =[

Actually got him on my long term Spurs save for a free again (must always get released or it's just me) and he did a great job...I remember he was still worth 10m+ at 32. I'm in 2030 on that save so he's a distant memory =D

Back