Cookie1

Reaction score
Hello guys. I just wanted to ask if there is a way to add club nicknames in FM 19? Adding the nicknames would make the news and inbox messages more 'colourful' and less dull and boring.
So, is there a way to do it? Or do I have to endure without the nicknames?
Thanks in advance.

You should be able to do it with the pre-game editor I think. You can't do it with the official in-game editor however.

You should be able to do it with the pre-game editor I think. You can't do it with the official in-game editor however.

Thanks for your reply. I think it would be too much work using the editor to add/edit the nickname for each club. Too much manual work. Isn't there an easier way? Maybe some file I can download or something?
Also, I don't understand why the nicknames have been removed. Even the teams/leagues that are licensed in the game don't have club nicknames. for example, in earlier versions of the game, Schalke were called Die Konigsblauen, Dortmund were Der BVB, and so on. Why has it been removed in the latest versions of the game.

I think that's a licensing issue, you made need the real name fix from Sortitoutsi.

I think that's a licensing issue, you made need the real name fix from Sortitoutsi.

I am already using a real name fix. All the club names are correct. Brazilian teams also have their full names instead of the three letter abbreviations. However there are no nicknames. Do the nicknames show up in your save? Maybe I did something wrong while applying the fix?