Club takeovers

• Thread starter Thread starter Striker122
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2K

Striker122

Reaction score
im on the first season of my first FM10 game, playing as plymouth argyle in the championship , at the start of the season predicted for 21st and my expectation was to 'attempt to avoid relegation' which i upped to avoid relegation i have around 7 games left of my first season and im currently sat in 4th not bad i think esp considering its my own tactic (mostly using the wizard i have changed a few things) and my chairman is looking to step aside and a consortium is planing to take over the club and if they buy it out they will put chris hutchings in as manager, and im like WTF your gonna sack me for doing a much better job then i was expected to the takeover hasnt happend yet but i would be so ****** off if i get argyle to the playoffs and get sacked

has anything like this happend to anyone else ?

There are good chances that based on your current position the new board will keep you on, but sometimes it's unavoidable.

Gibson sold Boro (after selling Wheater for £6.5m) and the new owner said I would get replaced (despite winning championship by 10+ pts).

However, they changed their mind due to the overwhelming support of my management from the fans :D

I took over at watford on fm09 with 15 games left and won the play off's from nt being far from relagation and, the owners sold the club and i was sacked, becuase they wanted a more experienced manager :( i was soo angry, it was funny as when the end of the next season and they got relagated from the prem, they approached and i rejected, got my revenge lol

I took over at watford on fm09 with 15 games left and won the play off's from nt being far from relagation and, the owners sold the club and i was sacked, becuase they wanted a more experienced manager :( i was soo angry, it was funny as when the end of the next season and they got relagated from the prem, they approached and i rejected, got my revenge lol

i would be gutted if that happened to me....oO)

i didnt get sacked YAY the new owner added 4mil to the balance which was good :) im now in the play offs i rlly dont care what i do in the play offs considering i was expected to get relegated and i know i prob wouldnt surrive in the prem :) but the extra money from the board and the league pay out should help me what ever division im in next season

i would be gutted if that happened to me....oO)

I was extremely gutted and angry lol. atleast they got relagated from the prem serves the owners rite

And wicked glad it worked out m8 good luck in the play offs

i think it has a lot to do with the support you're getting from the fans. if they dont like you, there's a high chance that you could be sacked (happened on my 09 game).

Back