Clubs stealing players

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3K

Jaymo

Reaction score
It seems that nearly everytime i offer for a player another club will come in for them more than likely its a bigger club. Im celtic so i offered for Roque Santa Cruz and Ac Milan came in for him after me, i offered for Adrian Mutu and Hull offered for him after me and got him on loan its a very annoying thing when your attempting to sign players. Has anyone expereinced this and does anyone have a solution for it.

Many Thanks (H)

Yeah this is a massive flaw in Football Manager. 9 times out of 10 clubs only offer for players once you offer/ declare interest, which is a ***** :(

yep. nobody is interested until you make an offer, than you get bummed. almost as annoying as clubs stealing all your staff.

The easiest way to get around this is to make nice comments about the manager, and also the same for the player. If you get a positive response from the player, he will sign for you.

Yeah the staff part is also true everyone wanted my staff, which was soo annoying but the players thing is **** becase you think you can get a really decent player for a bargain price and another club swoops in for him it happend 9 times for me in the january transfer window :S

Theres no sure solution for it unfortunatly you just have to keep at it. I know it gets frustrating.

Teams always try and steal Lacina Traore and Jeparov off me :( And it's the same for free players such as Campbell, clubs come in a few days after you offer which is just stupid, it happened in 09 as well. Hopefull in the next FM they will change it.

what happens with me is, when i see a player i want, interested teams do nothing until i make an offer, then suddenly they make a last-minute offer which the player agress to, completely ******* me off in the process.

I find this to be most annoying when I'm one of the 'whipping boys' of a division, simply because if I declare interest in a player, it's quickly followed by interest from those on the top half of the table. Then said teams offer more money than me and are more favoured by the player in question.

Alternatively, you can be any other team in League 1 and lose out to Leeds every time.

Huh, I can`t really say this has happened to me much.
It happens, but I`d say I get my player nine out of ten times, rather than losing him nine out of ten, and that`s with lesser teams as well as with bigger teams.

Always happens to me when im looking on the contracts that are expiring on players e.g. Montolivos contract was expriring in 6 months so i put him on the shortlist low and behold Reading came in and offered 26 mill for him :@

This game needs a "Hire Private Detective" button to pin-point the source of all the transfer dealings that leak out of my backroom....

this is happining me all the time:( and its almos always fiorentina like steal them from me:@

when you make an offer after remove him from your shortlist ;) it may work in another solution

when teams are after your own player and are commenting contantly and you can resond ect is there any particular thing you can say to stop them from becomming unsettled as steven whittaker is off to fiorentina for a knock down 5 mil because after they commented he decided he had achieved all he could with the club!

offer a better package to the player than he asks, its quite simple, i always get granero for celtic because i offer him the best wages

Back