• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Europe's leading clubs demand a drastic cut in the number of international fixtures played and a greater say in how the game is run.

More...

clubs slowly taking over football!!!!

In some ways they have a point. The August friendly is a ridiculous time. We had ours cancelled because of the riots, didnt affect us

In some ways they have a point. The August friendly is a ridiculous time. We had ours cancelled because of the riots, didnt affect us

It is a strange time but surely it benefits some players to play games. Internationals are needed in my view.

Absolutely made me lol. Simply because it won't happen. FIFA need the money because of the bribery they have to pay for. Platini would be up for it more than Blatter. Because Blatter is pretty much a ****** of epic proportions and doesn't give a **** about anything that would be sensible-as he lives in cloud cuckoo land.

But we definately need less pointless friendlies-especially when two weeks into a football season. pathetic. Not talking about just here btw just pretty much any country in general.

Last edited:
It is a strange time but surely it benefits some players to play games. Internationals are needed in my view.

Dont get me wrong, i love International football. Much as I love United, if it came down to them or England winning a major trophy this summer i'd pick England every time, but the way they are handled is a bit silly. More of them should be competitive, and they really need to look at the windows they are scheduled in. But clubs should not ride roughshod over the national teams

Absolutely made me lol. Simply because it won't happen. FIFA need the money because of the bribery they have to pay for. Platini would be up for it more than Platini. Because Blatter is pretty much a ****** of epic proportions and doesn't give a **** about anything that would be sensible-as he lives in cloud cuckoo land.

But we definately need less pointless friendlies-especially when two weeks into a football season. pathetic.

hmm?

and I want less internationals. International football sux.

Dont get me wrong, i love International football. Much as I love United, if it came down to them or England winning a major trophy this summer i'd pick England every time, but the way they are handled is a bit silly. More of them should be competitive, and they really need to look at the windows they are scheduled in. But clubs should not ride roughshod over the national teams

I agree with you about the whole country over club thing and i also agree about making games more competitive. Insted of International friendlys why dont teams have little tournements insted? What about the 6 nations type thing in Rugby lets say or even the home nations which England think they are to big to be in.

I agree with you about the whole country over club thing and i also agree about making games more competitive. Insted of International friendlys why dont teams have little tournements insted? What about the 6 nations type thing in Rugby lets say or even the home nations which England think they are to big to be in.

I think somthing like this would do far more good than a bunch of random *** ***** internationals against teams from the back end of europe.
First it would give the players more reason to play, it would help them get used to playing with each other if they had somthing to play for every year and it would more than likely help younger footballs come through.

You could play it in the off-season whilst everyone is off doing nothing and it would be the perfect place for teams to try out youngsters and new stuff. Friendly games are pretty much always dull and half the players refuse to give it their all because there isn't a reason too.

International weekend is ****. I think they should have less friendlies though.

International weekend is ****. I think they should have less friendlies though.

However, I've now been deterred by a different view point, I think it should stay as it is.

These players don't even work every day. They go to training and play games that is it. What is so hard and when they reach the age of 35 they have so much money that they don't have to work if they played for these top clubs. Uefa already pays teams that qualify for champions league and europa cup to compete these teams want more money. This is the way it had been forever changing when the games are played is also pointless. Leave the way it is. They already changed it that qualifying games are played on friday so away supporters can't go watch their country play great idea not. What these people want is that only rich and powerfull countries play world cup and euro every time. I support bayern also but rummenage should shut up. his money scheme to create a top club league only will fail. How would this league work only clubs with a lot of money could play. People can't let this happen because if it does there would be no more international games because they would probably create a bylaw that players do not play for their countries. There would also be no small teams like fulham or division 1 and the rest of those teams. There would be no fa cup and there would be no small teams beating big teams. Only big teams would play. If we let them change international games they will try to change everything. Not to forget is that countries invest a lot of money in their players development when they are young. Why would small countries invest in their football players when they know there is no international games or it is so hard to qualify for any tournement. I support expanding euro to 24 teams and world cup is 32 that is good. More countries have a chance to qualify and we get to see some good players that we wouldn't see otherwise like those players from north korea in the world cup and other countries like ivory coast there.

hmm?

and I want less internationals. International football sux.

And it will continue to do so unless we devote more time, money and games towards it. It's part of the reason I'm so torn on this issue.

I love international football, and I love watching England play. There's something incredibly special about England playing, and maybe I'm a hopeless romantic born into the wrong age, but I think that experience should extend to all England supporters. That's why I'd like there to be more friendlies. Yet... it does make sense. Some of the friendlies are completely pointless, and at awful times (see August friendlies). Moreover, I can definitely see why clubs want fewer.

Back