• Thread starter Thread starter NUFC_Tony
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1K

NUFC_Tony

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

You will probably all say I have too much time on my hands, but aswell as playing on Football Manager, I also hold every copy of Championship Manager, I was wondering if it's possible to have a CM-Base forum aswell?

Hi,

You will probably all say I have too much time on my hands, but aswell as playing on Football Manager, I also hold every copy of Championship Manager, I was wondering if it's possible to have a CM-Base forum aswell?

FM-Base used to be CM-Base, before FM was around. Then once CM split into FM and CM, the site turned into FM-Base.

This is what I gather happened, although someone who was a member at the time would be a more reliable source.

If you want to use a CM forum, there are plenty around already.

This website used to be CM-Base at one point, before Football Manager took over dominance in the simulation series.

Ah ok, thanks for the help.

Shame the forum didn't stay split into two seperate forums, but that's ok. :)

This website used to be CM-Base at one point, before Football Manager took over dominance in the simulation series.

Football Manager didn't take over dominance - Championship Manager became Football Manager due to Software Publisher change (From Eidos to Sega)

The creators of Championship Manager, SI Games, split with publishers Eidos, and signed a deal with Sega, to continue the series under the new name, Football Manager. After the split, both parties kept their intellectual property. SI Games kept the base code, the game database and programming of the game, whilst Eidos kept the name "Championship Manager" and its interface.

It was quite funny how 99% of CM fans became FM fans overnight - as CM minus SI sucked :P

Football Manager didn't take over dominance - Championship Manager became Football Manager due to Software Publisher change (From Eidos to Sega)

The creators of Championship Manager, SI Games, split with publishers Eidos, and signed a deal with Sega, to continue the series under the new name, Football Manager. After the split, both parties kept their intellectual property. SI Games kept the base code, the game database and programming of the game, whilst Eidos kept the name "Championship Manager" and its interface.

It was quite funny how 99% of CM fans became FM fans overnight - as CM minus SI sucked :P

As if keeping the name and interface helped CM<)

As if keeping the name and interface helped CM<)
well they got a few quid out of it, as I was completely cluless about the split/name change, so I bought CM5 not FM2005 - d'oh, Don't worry, i got a full refund when I explained in GAMe as to my error.......

I wonder how many people didnt bother getting refunds......

Back