cmcgreevy5 Lower League Tactic

• Thread starter Thread starter cmcgreevy5
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 13K

cmcgreevy5

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I've been using this tactic all season and the results have been good so far. The defence has been quite shaky though and I hope that someone on here might be able to help make it more solid at the back?

View attachment 463533

Its my first attempt at building a tactic so be gentle please :)

Ahhh ok my bad, thanks

Well its a 4-3-2-1.

I reasoned that with two inside forwards on the wings it would be smart to use a false nine to drop into the space between the forward line and midfield that isn't generally overly attacking orientated. This leaves the opposition defence exposed as one man generally follows the false nine leaving a gap in their back line that can be exploited by the inside forwards that can rush in.

To this end I have employed the exploit the flanks instruction to get the ball to either winger allowing the other winger to cut inside and act as a second option for a cross.

The CWB's can be defensively exploited at times but I reckon that having them cover the space further up the pitch that gets left behind when the winger cuts inside can be more beneficial than not.

The centre of the park is covered by a BBM that hopefully acts as a second forward or defender when needed and also a BWM in the DM spot set to defend to help cover the midfield and defence.

All in all it is a very wide tactic and as I said I'm finding it hard to keep clean sheets. Hopefully someone has ideas, baring in mind I'm in TSN and barely have any players worth talking about.

Also please try and keep any tactical advice as basic as possible, as I said I'm new to developing my own tactic.

Thanks

Not downloaded mate but a tip to help defensively could be to play narrower but set your wingers to stay wider and be more disciplined instead of expressive. Might help cut out any silly errors that might lead to goals. Im no expert but Id give it a go.

Try playing a narrower, more disciplined style. Set your full backs to either attacking full backs or supporting wingbacks. I dont think players in BSN would have the attributes to pull off the CWB role, especially defensively.

Thanks for replying dude, I will give your ideas a go and see how they effect the tactic defensively

I would say that's more a formation for Barcelona rather than "Marine" lol tbh
I would try "be more disciplined" instead of expressive.

Also I doubt you'll find many good CWBs at that low level.
When I manager low league, I always go deep 442, target man and advanced forward up front and I find that to be effective.
Just some thoughts, I haven't downloaded it yet.

The tactic was pretty disastrous playing with either Histon, Eastleigh, or Sutton utd, in the conference regionals. The scoring was pretty sporadic, and yes, your comments about the defence was true. They often were posted missing, but I think more because of the engine issues that exist rather than the tactic. I've yet to make a tactic that doesn't involve an average scoreline of 4.5 - 4.4. I figure that getting a tactic to work will have to wait until the full release when the defensive nonsense is sorted. Even the most defensive and rigid tactic often sees the back line ball watch or wander off. Hopefully that get fixed, until then, I'd just try and score as many goals as you can.

I'll give this one a go with Basingstoke Town, where I live atm, and let you know the progress/tweaks, ets (novice tactition myself)

Back