Colchester? I think you mean Goalchester!

• Thread starter Thread starter Twitch123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2K

Twitch123

Reaction score
"We want a manager that at least knows how the offside rule works." were the words of the Arsenal board when I called back to find out why I wasn't considered for their coaching position. This was echoed similarly through the premiere and championship leagues.

Fortunately when I had given up all hope and resigned myself to living in an old fridge box for another year, the phone rings with a job offer from Colchester looking for a new coach. I guess I'm not the only one who's desperate. A plane ticket and $1800/week later I arrived at my new football club.

Colchester probably sounds like a dream come true to most folks, what they don't tell you before you sign the contract is that you get no transfer budget at all, and only about $4000/week wage budget to work with (although we'll free up some room as I walk around swinging the axe.)

I sat down to work out our on field tactics, quickly I realized I have no idea what I'm doing. Instead I decided to hire outside consultation, I checked my email spam folder and found a reputable one promising 'Goals Galore.' I bet. But it's probably better than I can manage, so we're going with that.

The player roster still keeps me up at night, Woodsworth is our shining star in a sea of blackness. I was very excited to find out we had Brian Wilson a former Beach Boy in the group. You can imagine my disappointment when I found out this was a different person. If a teammate doesn't show him where to stand on the field he just wanders aimlessly, I found him stuck in a supply closet the other day in the locker room. Sadly he's the best right fullback we have, I need to find a replacement here immediately!

Our defensive midfield position also needs strengthening in a pretty bad way, and our midfielders are stretched pretty thin through MC, AML, and AMR. Fortunately we have a few players that can handle several of these positions. (By handle I really mean 'find the on the field.')

Going on a hot tip, I was able to secure Max Ehmer to help out on defense and Afobe to come in as a striker. (Yah that's right Gillsepie, start packing.) Both on loan of course.

So I appeal to you my fellow managers, can you provide some tips to help me navigate the Free Transfer market and snag some players to bolster my team? DR, DMC, AMR all need attention but I'm looking to snap up any frees that will help the Goalchester cause!

I can see this getting moved to stories if a mod doesn't read this properly.

The team has been ordered to shun the fake Brian Wilson, his departure is imminent. I desperately need some free transfer names that might be able to help out my haggard team.

DR, DMC, AMR are the positions I'm really hurting in at the moment, I have managed to scrape together almost $20k of transfer budget though. I'll be shopping around the premiere league any day now.

(Or if anyone knows a resource for decent League 1 free transfers? I've been googling but not with much success. Lots of the names I find arent' available in my game it seems.)

I'm having a lot of difficulty finding players that are willing to come to Colchester and are also free.

I'm thinking of offering to Jamil Adam, although I'm not sure he can hang in npower 1, as well as Counago even though I have Afobe for a striker.

Wilson is a very strong DR for 1st season i would have kept him.

Try and Grab Micheal Stewart on a Free he will be good in the CM set as a BWM/D

Ill have a look when i get home as im in my second season with Colchester.....

And you binned Gillsepie... are you nuts.... 38 goals in my first season, top goal scorer by a mile.

Last edited:
Back