• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

West Ham striker Carlton Cole's move to Stoke breaks down after the player fails to come to an agreement over wages.

More...

Stoke wont be missing out on too much tbh West ham fans wont be happy about this tons I know were delighted when they found out he was in talks with Stoke.

Shame for them. He would have suited their group of cumbersome players with no technical ability.

Stoke have dodged a bullet personally

Agreed. I think he is a horrible excuse for a footballer. He can't score, he isn't mobile,can't header,can't hold up play & his second touch is a tackle.

Stoke obviously like big, slow and pretty useless strikers - a la John Carew.

Does Carlton Cole seriously think he'll get a better deal elsewhere, I bet West Ham are gutted they couldn't get him off the wage bill.

^ Agree with the above.

Cue Stoke's bid to buy Zigic from Birmingham...

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking though?
''Shock bid for the real England 'powerhouse'...Emile Heskey.''

I don't know why he did this, apart from money.

Sure, West Ham are a good team and should come back up but they are poorly managed by the board and are poor in the long term, where Stoke are improving every season.

Some people are very greedy, as Kris said, but it's a short career so why shouldn't they be?

I don't know why he did this, apart from money.

Sure, West Ham are a good team and should come back up but they are poorly managed by the board and are poor in the long term, where Stoke are improving every season.

Some people are very greedy, as Kris said, but it's a short career so why shouldn't they be?

Because if they went with ambition rather than greed, maybe they'd maybe actually win something rather than getting relegated.

I wouldnt say unlucky Stoke. He is a Stoke City type player and would settle in so quickly.

Back