Common Questions for New Players

• Thread starter Thread starter Catote
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 931

Catote

Reaction score
Im completely new to FM, and wonder if kinds souls will answer some probably common questions. I *have* searched the site, and have found no easy answers!

1. OK first I take on this new 3rd division team. I want to build it all up. They have a budget of 2.4m euro, but every euro is used, and the board allows no new expenses. SO obviously I must first make room in my budget. Can I directly sack a player, they all have at least 1 year of contract left. IF yes, how so?

2. Otherwise I guess I must SELL a few expensive players. One was transfer listed from the start. I put another two on transfer, asking less than their listed value. During pre-season and now into the season I achieve nothing at all! Which is very fustrating. It's not fun. And my scouts give reports, that are worthless to me. Two clubs have given offers on the same player, but that player have refused, he wants to stay with me and not playing football! Tell me how to get rid of those expensive players.

3. Some players train "special" moves. I know I can stop it, from the guides I've been reading. BUT I cannot find where to do it.

4. I have around 7 U23 and not a single U19. Must I scout and offer contracts to recruit new youth players, or will my club produce som of its own? Anything I can do here?

5. Is there similarly any way to sack my staff. I want to build up my own staff, just for the fun of it.

6. I guess its a good idea to setup a few friendlies during the season for my backup players, so they do play football. But Im also wondering what that cost me. Where can I see the economics per match: like so many expenses, and so much income, in total so much? When I look at finances, it's all mixed up.

7. Obviously I want to train my young players into future stars. So they're all on HEAVY duty training. Now they complain, of course, and perhaps I must reduce the training intensity. BUT at the same time, the game tells me, that I have around 22 green arrows (improvements) but 44 red arrows (decrease in skills). Geez, that's fustrating. Im I doing it wrong, or is the game so designed that players on a net basis loose skills over the time?

8. How long time should it take to improve a skills just one level. Just to have any idea: one month, one half-year or one year? My coach is obvioulsy poor, around 1-2 stars.

9. What exactly does the star rating mean for a player. Clearly some general indication of his skills. But more precisely: let's assume I have a midfielder, that can play DM only and he is rated with 4 stars. Does that mean, that he can play DM as a 4 star player? OR is it based on his general attributes, so perhaps he de facto a 2 star DM, but could become a 4 star forward?

10 My players complain constantly that I dont recognise their importance for the team. So Im re-arranging who is key, 1st and backup. I do that from the transfer screen, as if I wanted to put them on transfer. One player at the time. Is there a screen where I can have a list of all players AND change their importance/status for the team?

I know it's alot of questions, but trust me, it's a hard game to learn. And all answers are much appreciated.
Thanks.

Some of those things I just know how to do and can't explain but I can give you some anwsers or I'm not good enough at explaining and it would just sound like gibberish.
5. Yes, go to transfers and contracts tab on their screen and press mutual termination.
7. Put youngsters on medium workload unless they have high professionalism and determination as then you can work them a little harder.
9. They're basing it on the key stats of his preferred role and position but it doesn't mean he isn't good at other roles.

Back