Reiziger

Reaction score
I have saves for both the Canada and New Zealand national teams, and I thought about creating an international cup competition on the editor- The Commonwealth Nations Cup. I use the FM14 Editor quite a lot but I've never worked out how to create a new international competition.

There would be a regional qualifying round similar to the FIFA World Cup, where each confederation would be allocated a certain number of slots in the Finals.

Commonwealth Nations Cup:

Finals- 16 (4 groups of 4)
QF, SF, Final

UEFA- 6 finals spots
  • No qualifying tournament. England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Malta and Cyprus qualify auttonmatically.
CONCACAF Qualifying- 3 finals spots
  • Round One (10 teams) 2 groups of 5 from Antingua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St Lucia, St Kitts & Nevis and St Vincent & The Grenadines. Top 3 in each group progress to round two.
  • Round Two (9 teams) 3 groups of 3 from Canada, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago as well as the 6 qualifiers from round one. Group winners progress to the final.
AFC Qualifying- 2 finals spots
  • Round One (8 teams) 2 groups of 4 from Bangladesh, Brunei, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore and Sri Lanka. Top two in each group progress to round two.
  • Round Two (5 teams) 1 group of 5 from Australia and the four qualifiers from round one. Top two in the group qualify for the finals.
OFC Qualifying- 1 finals spot
  • Round One (8 teams) 3 groups of 3 from Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Soloman Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu. Group winners progress to round two.
  • Round Two (4 teams) 1 group of 4 from New Zealand and three group winners from round one. Group winner progresses to Finals.
CAF Qualifying- 4 finals spots
  • Qualifying Round (18 teams) 2 groups of 4 and 2 groups of 5 from Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Uganda, Tanzania and Zambia. Group winners progress to the Finals.
You could end up with the following at the finals...

England
Scotland
Northern Ireland
Wales
Malta
Cyprus
New Zealand
Canada
Jamaica
Trinidad & Tobago
Australia
Malaysia or Singapore
Nigeria
Ghana
Cameroon
South Africa

I think it would be quite a good tournament!