Competition creation - European Superleague

• Thread starter Thread starter Anglais
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 2K

Anglais

Reaction score
I've had a look around the forum and haven't seen an answer to this, but I can't imagine I'm the first person to bring it up... but this is more of a hypothetical question because I don't have enough knowledge of the editor to do what I want to do, even if it is possible...

I'm trying to create a European Superleague. The top few teams from England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France, all playing each other in one division, every season.

I've had a go at creating it in the editor but it isn't working. Is this because the competition is classed as European? Does it need to be tied to a single nation in order to be played in the game as a primary league?

I'd also like to shrink the top tier of those countries in the absence of the biggest clubs. So the Premier league would reduce to 16 teams, Serie A to 14 etc. Is it possible to edit the number of clubs in a division? If so, I clearly haven't found that part of the editor yet...

I'm not totally clear what the 'Next Division' and 'Registered Teams' options do when editing a competition. I assume it's something to do with promotion & relegation/teams qualifying for the competition each season? If anyone can explain those to me I would be grateful.

I assumed it wouldn't be possible to try to create a promotion/relegation system when the European Superleague wouldn't fit into the ladder of all the individual countries. Can you make a league appear in the ladder for more than one country?

Ideally, I would like to make it so that the bottom two or three clubs in the European Superleague are relegated back to their national top-tier division and replaced by the best-finishing side from that country the previous season. E.g. If Tottenham wins the Premier League in the absence if the 'big four' and, let's say, Arsenal finishes bottom of the Euro Superleague. The following season, Arsenal would be back in the Premier League and Tottenham in the Euro Superleague. I fully expect this to be utterly impossible, but do let me know if it can be done!

Back