Complacency against lower reputation teams

• Thread starter Thread starter lsamped
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2K

lsamped

Reaction score
How do I solve this. Because Ill tell ya, it is very annoying beating inter at San Siro 2-0 than going home to play a regulation candidate and losing. Of course the unexpected wins are nice, but I'd rather beat the teams that I am supposed to beat and lose to teams I am suppose to lose to with the occasional unexpected win. Any suggestions?

Employ more attacking tactics during home-games against easier opponents. Tell your team you expect them to win, and use the pre-match press conference to reiterate your desire for your team to not take these opponents lightly ("My team is always motivated regardless of opposition".. "I hope they don't take my confidence as a means to switch off, they have to work for this").

Oh yeah, and while it is tempting to praise your team for an unexpected win during your post-game talk, sometimes (but not always) telling them to switch their focus to the next game and focus will help them in that regard.

Alright I'll give these things a try. I always try and not overestimate them in conferences, but I guess I will try and be more harsh

You don't have to necessiarly be more harsh with your players, you just need to let them know you won't tolerate slacking. Having a good assistant manager with a high motivational skill also helps in judging how you should proceed.

Back