Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

Comprehensive Test Of Mr L's Tactics - (including his new ones)

jesaustralia

Premium
Nov 4, 2013
Well I used WOW and made some few changes, just made it look like normal 4-5-1 nothing else and I started with Workington in BSS which was predicted to finish 15th.

first season,

View attachment 821446

on the other hand I must say 4-1-4-1 Rock Classic is so far the best tactic, I have once made Southport to championship, I have quited while I was in mid-table probably because I was just tired, I could have continued it and aim for premier league but well..
I agree mate - Its even tested - nothing much come close to 4141 rock classic when using an underdog team - However if your team is full of superstar regents would you really want to still use this very competent/Great tactic? as said so many times before - better players means better performances from the tactics you use - but when your players get better it kind of contradict that - it overrides the need to use these efficient tactics - at that point you can go with a slightly default tactic and enjoy the game like never before or some of the specialized ones ofcause.

I will always go for entertainment meaning this is where I think the Langvatn formula fails a tiny bit meaning other tactics can easily play more samba football - If you take a look in the Barcelona tactic thread you will find many entertaining tactics, some almost default - I find personally that Gooaall262 is very entertaining to watch if your team is full of great players and have a very good squad balance(team gel) - like that with many other tactics as well but Gooaall262 does amazing when at superteam level - it looks good and it plays perfect with that one - defensively/attacking.

Cheers mate

PS what am I still doing here :)

connors

Jan 27, 2011
Is there a player filters for the 4-5-1 TripleTweaked tactic? Can't seem to get the blend right of attacking minded and defensive minded players across the midfield especially.

chaudfontaine

Aug 24, 2015
Hey I know I am bumping a very old topic, but I have a question. I have seen the stats post but I can't figure out when stats I need for the 4-1-4-1 tactic. I get the defence, and ball winning midfielder, but then I can't figure it out. You recommend stats for AMC and AML/AMR. Not for M(C) or M(R/L). Do I use the ingame recommended stats for those positions?

Smiza

Jun 1, 2010
You mean the 4-1-4-1 rock classic?

DC= Central Defender
DL/DR= Fullbacks
DMC= Central Midfielder
MC= Box to Box
ML/MR= Wingers
ST= Complete Forward

But this tactic is so good, you could try other types of players too, for example inside wingers etc. :)

egreen

Aug 3, 2016
Is there some more information/discussion about 4141 rock classic ? There are so many replies to main Mr L tactics thread and I could only find the tactics files link

still playing fm13 but only recently started reading about tactics and found fm-base site (H)

cheers!

bwomper

Jan 28, 2014
Hey,can someone Up all the mrL tactics? Or just the 4141 rocksolid? Want to try It again and links doesnt work