Computer Expert needed.

• Thread starter Thread starter StuW
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 1K

StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
I am about to install Windows 7 on my PC, and I don't want to lose any files from my hard drive.
I was wondering if anyone knows how to install Windows 7 without formatting the hard drive.

I would put alll files on disk, but I have nearly 200gb of data on my PC, and I havent got the DVDs or external drives to store it on.

Any help is much appreciated!^^)

Maybe you should buy an external hard drive? My step dad just bought a 350GB one for £30 not sure where from but when i see him ill ask him

That would be your best bet i think ^^^^^^^

I was going to buy a 1, but I live in spain, and all shops are closed until next saturday....Online storage is an option, but imagine how long it would take to upload nearly 200gb of stuff. I am trimming the list of keeps down(Mainly Fm10 graphics etc.)

Windows 7 isnt free. You can get it for free from illegal sites, if you want to run the risk of being caught and prosecuted by Bill Gates.

Also tried google, seem to get redirected to sites that are completely off topic...

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

The version I bought, which is 7 Ultimate is £165 on Amazon(just over 200 euros), but I got it for less than 100euros from a friend who decided on a Apple Mac. I mainly want to install it so I can benefit from the speed. And it looks great..

Me too, I cant wait to install it, but am going to find out how to keep my files first.

Me too, I cant wait to install it, but am going to find out how to keep my files first.

I went from Windows XP to Windows 7 and it kept all of my data in a folder 'Windows.old'.

But if you are upgrading from Vista then you can just do a simple upgrade.

Back