Computer Shots on Target = Goals

GoatForce69

Reaction score
I have noticed that in Football Manager 2012 I can very easily dominate almost all games with 60%+ of possession and have up to 30 shots with roughly 10-15 shots on target and lose to the computer who may have 10 shots total with up to 4 on target with half of those being a goal.

In my first 2 games of my 2nd season with Leeds my team has allowed just 6 shots on target and yet each and every single one of these has been a goal.

My tactics are clearly working because im dominating and I am scoring goals. I am shutting the opponent out but it is impossible to stop any opponent from having a few chances. How am I supposed to win games if 50-100% of shots on target go in?

I dont want to have to rely on outscoring my opponents each and every game I would like to create a defensively solid team but it just doesnt seem possible.

Anyone else having the same issue? Any one had this issue and solved it? Anyone have any tactical ideas on how I and others having the same problem could go about solving this issue?

I have conceded just 8 goals with man utd, i am in early November. This is despite rarely having more than 55% possession. Perhaps its the defensive side of your setup that needs some tweaking.

I will continue to play with my tactic, and if it proves successful it will be uploaded to FM-Base.

I had the same problem....until I realised my goalie was utter **** and I got a new and more experienced one.
Problem solved.

I have tried a couple of things with my defence, i was told playing one centre back as Cover and one as Stopper with a full back set to Defensive would help, but it seemed to make it worse.

I often set defensive position as my match preperation.

I have tried a high line and deep line, had the same issue with both

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

I had the same problem....until I realised my goalie was utter **** and I got a new and more experienced one.
Problem solved.

I have Steve Harper in net. Arguably a lower prem league club keeper. I am in championship

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

I wish I knew what I am doing wrong. Had 20 shots in my last game and only 8 were long shots. So i have managed to cut it down a bit by tweaking stuff. But now im not finishing anything. Opposition had 5 shots in the whole game and scored.
Just getting fed up now. There is no way that in real life football a team would dominate each and every game and still lose. I feel that my tactics are much stronger than last season but last season i was winning a **** of a lot more games.

lmao thats true enough, apart from that 2 game cleansheet run.
Bit nervous about Cardiff match this weekend though

Back