CONCEDING SET PIECES

maxchaplin55

Reaction score
Right, I'm Gillingham in League 1, obviously going to be extremely difficult, being predicted to finish 22nd I believe.
However, I've signed decent loan players, and have a fairly decent mid-table team in my opinion.
Saying this, my defenders are pretty poorly rated.
My own made tactic is not the problem, I know what makes a good tactic. My problem is conceding from set pieces. I have my training set to defend set pieces, and even tried manually setting up how to defend them, but there's only so much you can do.
First of all, am I the only person having this problem? Regardless of the answer to that question, help?

Make the post players zonally mark the 6 yard box. Or if they are good man markers, you can try man marking instead.

Having the exact same problem mate. I'm Wigan and at least 70% of the goals I concede are set pieces. I've seen talk of it being a bug. I just do defend set pieces training as the preparation for every match nowadays!

Having the exact same problem mate. I'm Wigan and at least 70% of the goals I concede are set pieces. I've seen talk of it being a bug. I just do defend set pieces training as the preparation for every match nowadays!

There's a way to tone it down ALOT. Feel free to use these screenshots from my Gillingham save to help you set up a MORE successful defending set up.

View attachment 328877View attachment 328876

I have used the above and have gone from conceeding most I. Championship to conceeding least in prem

I hope this works, same problem with st Mirren in scotland, the standard settings are just bs

I had the same prob until I ordered my DMs to mark the 6 yard box. Now I concede hardly ever. Also I set match training on def. set pieces when playing away (as i expect them to push more) and whenever my scout consults me to do so in home games.

It actually did work, true still unrealistic amounts of goals against but it is less now

It actually did work, true still unrealistic amounts of goals against but it is less now

Glad it is less now, however it is strange there's still a lot still going in against you, it really sured mine up and i think my record in League 1, is something like conceded from 4 corners in 25 league games.

Well, I just got a job offer from celtic and played a few games there without a single corner goal against, checking after, aerial ability was not the best of my GK at st Mirren

Well, I just got a job offer from celtic and played a few games there without a single corner goal against, checking after, aerial ability was not the best of my GK at st Mirren

I always checked my defenders attributes, I never considered the goalkeepers attributes which is silly of me really. Probably plays a large part!

Back