Concern Yourself Not With What You Know Is Irrelevant But With What Is Still Possible

• Thread starter Thread starter Tobe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 751

Tobe

Reaction score

"Concern Yourself Not With What You Know Is Irrelevant But With What Is Still Possible"

Thrown into the back of a car! "It's for your own safety" voices shrieked at me! the cars wheels screeched as it sped away at some speed. My heart was racing one hundred times over, I didn't know how to feel. I sat up and slouched back into the seat wiping sweat from my brow, what had I just done, was this the right decision?

"Diego"...."DIEGO" a voice firmly called out from the front of the car through a blacked out partition.
"Are You ok?" "Y..Yes" I replied stuttering.
"You have definitely made the right decision, That was fantastic!" The voice added. My head was still spinning from all the craziness which I had just been through and I could barely make out who the voice belonged too.
"Tomorrow is going to be even better" The same voice excitedly wailed. I suddenly remembered who this voice belonged too, it was Guillermo Coppola my agents voice.
"Diego... It's time to relax, when we get back to the hotel... We'll smoke cigars and celebrate properly. Get some rest now you've had a tough day." I could hear Guillermo talking to the driver and feeling sorry for the man behind the wheel, I have known Guillermo for a long time and trying to get him to shutup is something I have never figuered out how to do. As my mind wondered and I gazed out of the window I could see the summit of Mount Vesuvius tickling the skyline and looking more beautiful than I ever remembered. It had been a long time since I had been here. A long time since I had been in Naples. I checked the time on my phone which read 18:09 but my eyes were again drawn to the peak of the beautiful Vesuvius.

scaled.php

I awoke abruptly as the car hit a bump and my head bounced off the car window. I assumed I had only been asleep for a matter of moments but in fact acording to my phone which now read 18:44, I'd drifted off for thirty-five minutes. It was now dark and I couldn't see much out of the window.
"Diego.. We are nearly back. I will go for a shower and then come and meet you in your room at..hmm..lets say about eight o'clock." I replied suggesting that we only make it a small celebration as tomorrow will be one of the most important days of my footballing careers. I heard Guillermo resume chewing off the drivers ear and started to drift off again but before I could fully submerge into the land of nod. I felt the car stop and the passenger and driver doors open and then close again. My door opened and I was greeted by the cheeky wink of the driver who showed me that he had headphones in his left ear, I chuckled, realising that everything Guillermo had spoken to the driver about was probably totally ignored.
"Congratulations Sir" The driver sincerly said. I looked at his badge. Mattia It read.
"Grazie, Mattia" I kindly replied digging out twenty Euros out of my back pocket. I signalled to Guillermo that I was going to my room for a shower, he nodded to me in reply.

I climbed up the stairs to my room, searching my pocket for the keycard to the door. I found it and quickly swiped it. I flicked the light on and went straight into the bathroom and ran the shower. I chucked a towel on the floor and went into the bedroom to grab some hair product. There I noticed that on the bed was a strangely shaped object. With just the light from the hallway aiding my eyesight I had to switch the bedside lamp on. I was suprised to see a fruit basket lying in the middle of my bed as it certainly hadn't been there when I left earlier. I peered a little closer and saw a card lying between a Banana and an Apple. I held the note up and started to read.

*Dear Mr Maradona, Thankyou for your time today, we are humbled to be working with you and feel blessed that you are returning to us. We will ensure that you can make it as a very successful manager at our club.

We apologise on behalf of the fans for their unacceptable behaviour which led to you leaving in the manner you did today. We had no Idea that your appointment had become common knowledge here is Naples but it now seem's the fans are keen to see you. We will be warning them about their excitable behaviour and will make sure that when we officially unveil you, that you are in no danger and that our security is at full strength.

Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your potential. Concern yourself not with what you know is irrelevant, but with what it is still possible for you to do.

*Aurelio De Laurentiis*

President - S.S.C Napoli***
View attachment 228320

Last edited:
Another Story. This looks great Napoli are a great team. Cavani is amazing I hear. Good luck. You still doing your Man U one?

Back