Condition or match fitness?

• Thread starter Thread starter stuinbucks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2K

stuinbucks

Reaction score
Hello,

Can I just throw this question out there.....

When picking your team for the next match, do you go by condition or match fitness?

I know there are many other factors to take into consideration but out of the two which is best
in your opinion?

I look at both mate, Condition is my main indicator although if their MF is very low because of injury or lack of games I will place in reserves for 45 mins until match fit.

I usually go on both condition maybe look at first as anything less than 90% they will need a sub at half time and could never complete a full game and if I need to use a sub for another position I just see it as a waste

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

So when picking your squad what is a safe bet with regards condition?

Imean how far would you go? I usually dont pick anyone less than 92%

It depends, before I decide I take into consideration how important the game is, how important the player is and whether the player is injury prone e.g.

Ronaldo with a condition of 89% and a MF of 90% for the CL Final = Play.

Bale with a condition of 93% and a MF of 90% for the 3rd round of Spanish Cup against a Segunda side = Rest

It depends, before I decide I take into consideration how important the game is, how important the player is and whether the player is injury prone e.g.

Ronaldo with a condition of 89% and a MF of 90% for the CL Final = Play.

Bale with a condition of 93% and a MF of 90% for the 3rd round of Spanish Cup against a Segunda side = Rest

Unless absolutely necessary I wouldn't start a player under 90% condition, preferably 95% and higher.

Match Fitness above 80% is good enough for me to give a player a full 90 minutes.

I may be wrong but players with low (50-70%) Match Fitness seem much likelier to get injuries. I try to put them on the bench and give them about 30mins if I winning.

Back