Conference to Champions league with a Twist!

• Thread starter Luke norn iron
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 4K
L

Luke norn iron

As the title says this is a different version of conference to Champions league with a twist. So the twist is that you are need to go into editor and change the following to 20:

View attachment 187021

You then go and continue with the normal Conference to Champions league challenge, but you are NOT ALLOWED TO SIGN PLAYERS hence why I change the facilities and youth recruitment. You are allowed to sign staff and to reiterate you can only use players who are at the club at the start and players who have came through the youth.

Any questions?

So your thoughts on the challenge?

Last edited:
an interesting idea... might try it.

I have only started it with Harrogate in Conference North. Some players I have now are suitable for Conference Premier so should be interesting. Let me know how you get on if you try it.

I'm going to say it's impossible.

You wouldn't produce enough good players consistantly enough.
My Liverpool save was about 12 seasons in, apart from a forward and two midfielders it's not produced anyone that's been able to break into my first team.

How about only allowed to sign players under a certain amount of cash?

I'm going to say it's impossible.

You wouldn't produce enough good players consistantly enough.
My Liverpool save was about 12 seasons in, apart from a forward and two midfielders it's not produced anyone that's been able to break into my first team.

I have only started this challenge and that is why it is a challenge. So I will be able to tell you in a few weeks if it is able to work.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

How about only allowed to sign players under a certain amount of cash?

You could do if you want but for a challenge I am trying to do it without buying any players.

No offence mate but this is either impossible or will take at least 50 seasons to achieve. Conference level academies almost never produce good players and you won't be able to increase the level for a few seasons. This approach might get you into League 2 or if you're good, League 1, but I would be very surprised if you were able to go beyond that level without signing players. If you manage it then kudos to you, its an incredible achievement. Anyway good luck to anyone who tries this challenge, you'll need it :)

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

As an alternative, you could do something likeAll players must be under a certain ageYou can only sign a player for under X amontYou must have at least an X amount of players in your first team that have come from your youth academy

You'd have to make sure it's a team in London/Manchester or you'd never get the talent coming through, I brought a team from Regional Divs (Leamington) and in year 2040 everything is maxed and I've only had one player who's had first team potential. Either that or extremely lucky and gifted tactically.

Almost impossible really, It would be more realistic if you could sign players but only if they were 18 or under.

i started a darlington save and ive reached the premiership after 5seasons but now it has become impossible and thats with buying players so u have no chance just useing your youth academy

im in my 3rd season with peterborough and i am in the premiership and that is hard enough with singed players so this will take some doing to reach the champions league

Looks like a big challenge. Im looking for a new save so might give this one a go.

I'll probably start with one of the bigger teams in the conference though I think.