Confusing Transfer Fees...

• Thread starter Thread starter iDood
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2K

iDood

Reaction score
I have just signed Thiago Silva for my Crystal Palace team. I started off with a budget of £9.5 million or so. I signed Thiago Silva for £14.5 million, paying £2.5 million up front, and the other £12 million over 24 months. The deal has gone through, and I am now left with £1.5 million to spend. Anyone know why?

you might have had your wage budget reduced to pay for the transfer or a cash injection from the board?

Nothing was mentioned about cash injections, or a change of wage budgets... and I have sold Alan Lee for £875k to QPR, and that is being paid over 24 months... Paddy McCarthy and Johannes Ertl maybe be leaving too, both for around £1 million, although I do not know how long it will take for them to be paid for.

if you buy a player and pay a small amount up front and the rest over time, does it take the full amount out of ur budget or just the money paid up front?

I think it's just the money paid up front. I have noticed a little more money go than should have done when playing as Arsenal, who have a huge budget, so it hasn't been a problem, but I have two other signings lined up, and this has caused me real problems. Especially considering an extra £5.5 million isn't there which should be!

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Argh! Things are getting worse! It's the transfer deadline day, and I have the chance to sign Sergio Asenjo! I have £1.1 million, and I have offered £7.5 million over 24 months, with no signing on fee. I do not understand why I cannot continue with the transfer! :'(

Your board take most of the funds to cover the cost so to be honest it very pointless doing over 24months cause the board usually take all the funds!

It same when you sell someone over 24months but they give you some funds to buy with (usually 75% to 100%) of the full ammount)

I think they take it all so they know they have the funds to buy with just incase.

Oh ok... thanks very much! I'm playing as Crystal Palace, and our chairman appears to be a gypsy... he's only giving me 70%! That's a 10% rise from last year!

Back