Contract negotiations and job status

Spekty

Reaction score
Hi guys I want to ask a question regarding contract negotiations with the board. Here's the thing: i'm playing FM14 online with my mate.We are at our 6th season atm and I'm managing Bristol City (took them all the way to the group stage of Champions league & reached quarterfinal of Europa League last year). In my 2nd season I signed a contract worth 1,200k/per week. I thought that was a good deal because lowering my salary to such a low point would help me to prolonge my contract (and it did help - I signed it for 5 years). But recently I realised that it was a bad move because low salary makes your job status very low too (mine is only 1% because of that). Which means they can sack me anytime they want because the release fee is very small. So when I try to enter contract negotiations now they still offer me the same amount of money (the max I can get is 3,300 even though my "Board confidence" is "Untouchable"). It's like once you lower yourself to that level of salary there's no way they will ever offer you more money. How I can get myself a better contract in that situation without using FMRTE (it's not available for me since i'm a client,not a host). Is there a way to do it?

The lower wage just means that it's easier/cheaper to sack you. You'll have less room for error, but keep doing well or at least meeting objectives and you'll be fine.