Copa Libertadores 2020 - features MLS and Liga MX / Campeones Cup - Complex Set up

AlexDCBoca

Reaction score
Hello,
I am perplexed on how to go about doing this. In 2020 The Copa Libertadores will be adding MLS and Liga MX teams. I want this to be the case in the game as well, starting from when you get to the 2020 edition. However, there are other tournaments that are directly affected by this tournament in terms of qualifying and playing other tournaments and there is a lot of dependencies and special situations that make this hard. Can anyone help?

This is the break down
Copa Libertadores 2020
- 47 teams
- 1st qualifying round 6 teams - 3 advance to 2nd qual round, home-away series - away goals, no ET, Penalties
- 2nd qualifying round 13 teams enter - 8 advance - 16 teams, home-away - away goals, no ET, Penalties
- 3rd qualifying round - 4 advance to group phase - same rules
- Group Stage - 28 qualify automaticaly + 4 teams from qualifying

QUALIFIERS
- 1 Previous winner (2019 Copa Lib champs)
- 1 Copa Sudamericana 2019 winner
- Brazil: 6 teams (Top 1-5 teams to group stage - #6 team to 2nd qual round)
- Argentina: 6 teams (Top 1-5 teams to group stage - #6 team to 2nd qual round)
- USA: 3 teams (Top 3 MLS teams not qualified after teams are qualified for CONCACAF Champ. Leage - NACL - 1 team to group phase, 1 team to 2nd qual round, 1 to 1st qaul round)
- Mexico: 3 teams (Top 3 Liga MX teams not qualified after teams are qualified for CONCACAF Champ. Leage - NACL - 1 team to group phase, 1 team to 2nd qual round, 1 to 1st qaul round) )
- Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Chile - 2 teams to group stage (top 1-2 in each country qualify), 2 teams each to 2nd qual. round
- Ecuador - 2 teams to group stage (top 1-2 in each country qualify), 1 team to 2nd qual. round
Uruguay, Paraguay - 2 teams automatically to group stage (Top 1-2 in each country qualify), 1 team each to 1 qual. round
Bolivia, Venezuela - 1 team each automatically to group stage (champions of each country), 1 team each also to 1 qual. round

Winner qualifies for Club World Championship (MLS and Liga MX teams cannot qualify for this as they are invited - next best South American team if this happens)

Winner qualifies for Recopa Sudamericana - (Same rules for MLS teams) - Super cup vs. winner of Sudamericana

Also, I'd like to add the Campeones Cup starting with the 2018 edition - Toronot FC vs. Tigres - 1 match super cup between 2017 MLS champs and champion of Mexican Supercup. One match that takes place every september. It should also rotate between being hosted between the MLS team and Liga MX. No extra time, straigh to PKs

Anyone that can help would be much appreciated
Thanks

I'd have a look in the editors hideaway on SI Forum, the continental competitions are notorious for being a pain to revamp and integrate when they effect each other.

That would be so helpful if you can. Thank you!. I'm about to pick up FM 19. Probably better to get this going with the new version and post in FM19 thread concerning this?