corners

• Thread starter Thread starter fmblggr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1K

fmblggr

Reaction score
Most of the tactics I've been experimenting with use the same basic corner tactics. Deliver the ball to the near post where your best header will be stationed. I've noticed that a significant number of goals off corners come off of poorly delivered balls that are played into the goal with the feet. My teams best headers are all defenders, but I wonder if I might be better off having an attacker with decent heading but good feet/technical attributes attack the near post. What are your strategies? What other attributes are important here?

I have found that I get a lot of my goals through my centre-backs coming up, although they usually head it in from the far post on well-delivered corners. And I reckon your idea of the striker would be a good one, as if there's a goal-mouth scramble it's always helpful to have someone who can slam it in.

Most of the tactics I've been experimenting with use the same basic corner tactics. Deliver the ball to the near post where your best header will be stationed. I've noticed that a significant number of goals off corners come off of poorly delivered balls that are played into the goal with the feet. My teams best headers are all defenders, but I wonder if I might be better off having an attacker with decent heading but good feet/technical attributes attack the near post. What are your strategies? What other attributes are important here?

I usually have a good header attacking near post and then a striker with good finishing etc to challenge the goalkeeper...most use the other DC to challenge keeper but he wouldn't necessarily be good at finishing therefore could miss the chance?

i may be wrong but it works for free..striker often gets rebounds ;)

Back