DeathRage

Reaction score
The DB is now attached. I've had it running pretty much perfectly so go nuts. Any issues or whatever let me know so I can fix them!

As a side project whilst I attempt – futilely, it seems – to completely re-hash the way the World Cup works, I’ve decided to turn the South-Western English county of Cornwall into a nation. I shifted Israel to Asia – because that makes sense – and Australia to Oceania – because Oceanic WC Qualifying is reasonably easy to manipulate, as the OFC uses the Pacific Games as qualification (or as qualification to the qualifiers… I forget)

What’s done:

It should be pointed out that the majority of clubs/grounds in this database are completely fictional.

Added several Cornish towns/villages to the database with long/lat.

Anyone born in the South-West region of England has been given Cornish nationality, and their place of birth altered to one of the Cornish towns. NB – this does include some reasonably big names, which should hopefully make Cornwall at least moderately competitive on the international stage. I added a few people from slightly random places around the world, too, to give more variation when it comes to regens and whatnot.

Cornish clubs I could find in the database have been moved to Cornwall – any that’d been playing in a league other than the ‘English Lower Leagues,’ have had their place taken by another club from the ELL to allow England to still be wholly playable.

Premier League
6 professional teams, 4 semi-pro. Moderate prize money + a little TV money.

Championship (This is the highest division B teams can compete in)
16 teams, all semi-pro.

League 1
22 teams, mostly amateur

League 2
22 Teams, all amateur apart from 1 semi-pro team

Conference
20 teams, B-teams and amateur teams

Premier League Cup - Contested between all 10 premier league teams at the end of the season. Better prize money than the league.
FA Cup - Contested between all sides except B-teams. Moderate prize money
Scilly Cup - Contested only between sides from the Scilly Isles. Low prize money.

U21s - 4 divisions of 14 teams plus 1 of 23. 1 promoted, 1 relegated.
U21s Cup - Contested between all U21 teams.

All teams have a home stadium, though some are operating a ground share.

All teams have their own colours - kinda, it was pretty random!

Awards have been created and tested for each division.

OK, so in addition to all of the above, as I’m creating a database from scratch I figure I might as well give this a go, too.

If you want to be a player in this database then fill out the form below. Everyone will be given equal PA, start from 14 years old and be assigned to a random Conference level team.

Of course, it goes without saying that all will be of Cornish nationality.

First Name:
Surname:
D.O.B:
City of Birth – Doesn’t have to be Cornish:
Second Nationality:
Position:
Strongest Foot (Leave blank for both):
3 strongest attributes (everything else will be left to blind luck):

Last edited:
Would it not make more sense (if you go ahead with it) to have East and West Conference subdivisions rather than North and South considering the geography of Cornwall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would it not make more sense (if you go ahead with it) to have East and West Conference subdivisions rather than North and South considering the geography of Cornwall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair it probably would make sense, yes! Cheers for pointing that out - though I'm sure I'd have got there eventually!

Currently holidaying and in the second season with fully active - less awards - Premier and Championship divisions. Everything seems cool thus far!

I would be well interested in this db when it's complete!!

Sounds great, I would definitely be interested in this also! What league are St.Ives in just of curiosity?

Sounds great, I would definitely be interested in this also! What league are St.Ives in just of curiosity?

Off the top of my head they've got a team in the Premier, but I'll probably add a secondary St Ives team into the lower divisions, too.

The database is coming along nicely. Should have it ready for a kinda' beta test thing within a few days, if anyone's interested! :)

Anyone who wants to give this DB a look, it's attached and fully playable. See the first post!

I have started playing. Noticed a few things that might need a slight change. As far as i can tell players don't gain Cornish nationality for staying in the country. Would be nice if after 2-3 years they could get Cornish 2nd nationality just to make team selection a little easier. I also noticed some on the 14year old players sign contracts that expires in like 2032. Also have you thought about making players from the uk not classed as foreign?

Thanks, mate. I'll have a look at those wee bits when I get home. Seems I hit a few wrong buttons!

I will carry on playing see if i notice anything else. Thanks for the great save tho :)

also did you mean to make some of the existing players into 14 year olds? Really confused me to see a 14 year old Matthew Etherington signing for man city lol

also did you mean to make some of the existing players into 14 year olds? Really confused me to see a 14 year old Matthew Etherington signing for man city lol

**** haha... No I didn't mean to do that!

OK, made a few changes: Made UK & Ireland (less Ireland) as none-foreign, unchecked the 'does not allow dual nationality,' option, which I'd apparently checked, and done what I can with the age issues! The updated file is attached to the first post!

Nice one man! I will get a new save going asap once i have finshed the first season il let you know if i have found anything else