Correct Use Of Backup Players/Wonderkids

• Thread starter Thread starter Riddick87
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2K

Riddick87

Reaction score
Hey,
I have a lot of promising youngsters in my first team squad, and i'm doing afair bit of rotating which i'm trying to base on form, but they all seem fo be on form or off form at the same time. I cycle regular, every game really, but i realise its hard to get momentum going with all the rotating.

How often should i play these youngsters/wonderkids/backup players? I need to keep them happy, because they all have long-term futures at the club, but i have 8 midfieldes (DM/MC) and only 3 midfield slots. I'll be losing 2, maybe 3 at end of season due to age, but for now there still good enough to hold down first team places.

1) either loan out the youngest players for a season.
2) sell some of the youngest players to a club, offer them out at like half the price they cost and in the contract, add the buy back clause at the same or like 250k more than you sold them. so when they have spent a full season out a club (make sure you choose the correct club for him though, where he will get the most game time and experience, then buy him back at that price like 2 seasons later, Manchester did that with Chris Eagles to Burnley)
3) sell at least 1 player that you dont want as much as the others, then play your main players and substitute your youngsters every game even if it is for 1 min, this helps develop the player more than most ways, trust me)

If i offload the players, i wont have any subs or backup in my first team, which is where the poblem lies. I need the players, but i'm not sure how often i should be playing each of them to keep them happy and developing, or how much is too much. I've already had to sell one of my youngsters after he beme dissillusioned with life, and that was Eduardo Salvio, one **** of a player even at 20, and all i got for him was 11 mill. (45% sell on clause, bought him for 4mill).

you can never really play them too muhc, all game time is good. try and bring them on as subs when you think you've got a game wrapped up, bring them on round 70-75 minutes if you can. also in games wher you think you're easy favourites or games where the result may not matter as much, try starting 1 or 2 of the better players. dont over rotate, you'll break momentum, but try and get them off the bench as much as possible and start them where you can. also never give them silly team statuses when you sign them (ie telling them they'll be rotation, when really they'll just be a hot prospect, cos if you dont treat them like rotation they'll become unhappy)

f

sub them every match.
play them as starting 11 for not so impt games like league cup

Back