could do with a bit advice

• Thread starter Thread starter reecesafc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 1K

reecesafc

Reaction score
im sunderland played 10 games and 19th in the leauge could really do with some tips on tatics.

thanks reece

im letting alot of goals in at the minute passing shot with a slow tempo.
i will up load screen shots

ok mate thanks i will post tonight when i finish work thanks again

Well, here are my initiall thoughts.

- You are playing one of the most attacking formations
You are un underdog, why play so attacking ?

- You are playing Ridig - Counter
This means that you will have 4 player sattacking and 4 defending and only 2 in the transitionphase.

-You sit deep and stand off trying to draw the opposition on to you
yet yhou play with only 6 players behind the ball

My advice would be to drop one of the attackers into DMC, using the "default" press option and take it from there

Apart from this, I would not play that short whilst still playing wide. It makes no sense

right thanks for that mate ill give it a try like i say im a bit rusty ha

May i mention these instructions keeping in mind the team you manage;
1. You use short passing and slow tempo which is ideal for big clubs playing possession football, not for you. use at least normal tempo.
2. width is to wide. Start with normal and notice in each game from where the opposition creates chances and tweak width accordingly (if you suffer from crosses play a little wider, if you suffer from through balls in the center of the field play narrower. It all depends on how you opposition plays).
3. You need to let the opposition to come up the field and leave space behind the defence line, so that you can play in counter. For that you need to make some tweaks. First of all, drop deep to the end of the bar. Secondly, use opposition instructions as follows: GK, RB,LB,CB,DM set them to never tight mark, never close down, easy tackling and show on weaker foot. Mc, AMC, AMR, AML, ST set them to never tight mark, always close down, hard tackling, show on weaker foot. Thirdly, change the roles of your players. CMs are not so usefull for you. Put a ball winning midfielder/defend. His job will be to win the ball in the midfield and quickly pass it. Put a box to box midfielder. He will help you with transition. Put a poacher, you ll need someone to exploit the space behind the opposition d. line, once you get the ball. Set the dlf of yours as a trequartista, and put him behind poacher. Trequartista doesnt close to much high up the field, which is good for counter strategy and will be a focal point for attack. Put your wingers to support, to drop a little deeper. As for your full backs, it depends on the oppositions tactic. If opponent uses an amr aml, then play with rb, lb defend. If he uses an mr ml, then put them to support. Also, play zonal marking as it will help you retain the shape of your team while defending.
4. Last but not least, keep in mind, that you cant always play with this formation, because if the opposition has a playmaker above average just in the hole of your cbs and cms he will destroy you. You will need and anchorman to do the job, play only with a poacher and put the trequartista in cm position but play him as a ad. playmaker support.

Back