Could England become part of Norway?

Reaction score
Harald V of Norway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He is 8th in line in the line of succession to the headship of the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg.
He is the great-grandson of Edward VII of the United Kingdom, and 68th in line to the British throne. He is a paternal second cousin to Elizabeth II and the late Princess Margaret and also a maternal first cousin to Baudouin of Belgium and his successor Albert II of Belgium.

I'm wondering about the ramifications of a hypothetical scenario, starting with 67 deaths and Harald V of Norway becoming king of Britain. As England, unlike Scotland, doesn't have a proper constitution, could England become part of Norway? Harald V would be Head of State, but how would things work in general? Any law-savvy people here?

Bomb in a family reunion should do the trick!

I, for one, welcome our new Nordmenn overlords. Got to be better than our current inbred Germans.

Also, apparently there are only 14,000 Norwegians in the UK? Surprised it's so low.

Last edited:
Also, apparently there are only 14,000 Norwegians in the UK? Surprised it's so low.

Goes up to 54,000 on Liverpool match days. A joke which the Evertonian's will love :P

I, for one, welcome our new Nordmenn overlords. Got to be better than our current inbred Germans.

Not really, the standard of living is considerably higher in Norway. Additionally, the wages are higher in Norway. When you combine that with the fact that there's only 4.7 million Norwegians, it kinda makes sense.

Goes up to 54,000 on Liverpool match days. A joke which the Evertonian's will love :P

This is very true!

Last edited:
Back