Counter-Attacking MASTERCLASS!! [Hands Down The Best Counter Tactic Ever]

RealLife

Reaction score
(UPDATED TACTIC FOR IMPROVED RESULTS)
This is hands down the most difficult tactic to make. A counter-attacking tactic that works against weak and strong opponents.
This Tactic doesn't care about build up play. We play straight through the middle and very tight in defence.

The fullbacks play so narrow in defence that they force the opponents to play out wide. I also have a counter mentality so my wingers will almost play as wingbacks in defence forming a 6 man defensive line. Forcing the opponents out wide also forces them to cross a lot. The fullbacks are as i said very narrowly positioned so i have at least a 4 line defence inside the penalty-area waiting for a cross. This is very similar to Diego Simeones football philosophy.

IMPORTANT: Having fast strikers suits this tactic very well. Think that you want to emulate the atletico madrid starting XI.

TRAINING is on Balanced and MATCH PREPARATIONS is on Match Tactic.

You will find everything you need to know in the pictures below:
View attachment 35530View attachment 35529View attachment 35528View attachment 35523View attachment 35527

Here are some game results showing the lack of possession this tactic has but still the AMAZING results:
View attachment 35526View attachment 35525View attachment 35524

UPDATED TACTIC FOR IMPROVED RESULTS: 4-4-2 Counter V2

Last edited:
Hello

I've tried the tactic with Southampton and it didn't went well...

Any thoughs what might went wrong?

00000bc.png

00000dc.png

Always test the tactic at least for one whole season with subtop and underdog team.