DannyLFC1892

Reaction score
I have a question regarding the opposition creating a tactic to counter yours;

Basically, I am managing Liverpool who went on a great run with my 4-2-3-1 tactic early on in the season and by late December I was 2nd in the league just 3 points off Man City in first. I then went on a bad run, going 4 games without a win (3 losses and a draw I think) so I decided to change tactics slightly to a 4-3-2-1 so the AMC was dropped into a CM role and I kept the two IFs out wide. There was an instant result with this tweak, averaging something like 3 goals a game and not conceding too many.

But my question is, is there any point in the season where I can revert back to my original 4-2-3-1 tactic, or does this have to be tweaked again, because when I change back to it I get battered, is this going to happen every time I play with that same 4-2-3-1 tactic now, or will the opposition 'forget' how to counter that tactic at some point so I can use it again?

Is it a case of making minor adjustments to player roles, passing style etc?

I thought that since I'd been using the 4-3-2-1 tactic for about 8 games in a row I could revert back to my
4-2-3-1 tactic with no problems yet the opposition seemed ready for this and I lost the game.

Any help much appreciated!