• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2K

Liam

Reaction score
Cracking the 3-5-2/5-3-2.
Beautiful and effective.

View attachment 320473

"This formation can be an effective way of switching between attack and defence." Glenn Hoddle.

Things to get done:
  • Create tactic layout.
  • Set tempo.
  • Decide upon counter attacking or possession and build up play.
  • Figure a solid back line.
  • Choose between 3 defenders or 2 + a sweeper.
  • Wing backs or defensive wingers.
  • Choose between AMC (Advanced playmaker) or DMC (Deep Lying Playmaker).
  • Choose a strike combination.
  • Test it over a period of 100 matches for the average statistics.

Any advice and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated during these creation/testing stages, I will post a current version/beta as I go. Feel free to tweak it and post a link in a comment for me to see what you've done.
(Be warned when using Beta Tactic in your beloved career.)

Current Version: (To be uploaded shortly)
Current Version Link: (To be uploaded shortly)

Last edited by a moderator:
A great starting point for a 3-5-2 with 3 centre backs and a DLP: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...414-jp-woodys-conte-style-3-5-2-13-3-2-a.html

A different starting point for a 3-5-2 using a Sweeper, 2 CBs, DLP and defensive wingers: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...65-insert-cool-name-sweeper-3-5-2-system.html

Both tactics have pretty detailed descriptions of their setup and if you follow the JPWoody thread, there is also a very interesting discussion on changing mentalities given differing variables such as opponent, home/away, match odds etc.

Hope that helps.

have WBs on attack
have a flat midfield 3 or a AMC, you dont want a DMC aswell, be far to defensive.

Didn't realise people had already had a crack at it. Oops.
I'll continue having a go however as I'd like to make the perfect 3-5-2 Possession tactic.

Thanks for the links and tips! :)

have WBs on attack
have a flat midfield 3 or a AMC, you dont want a DMC aswell, be far to defensive.

Well I was thinking as it's going to be a possession based 3-5-2, I'll want to keep the ball and regain it quickly through high pressure and closing down, so I doubt they'll be a DMC. ;)

Didn't realise people had already had a crack at it. Oops.
I'll continue having a go however as I'd like to make the perfect 3-5-2 Possession tactic.

Thanks for the links and tips! :)

lol no probs :)

Whilst both of those tactics can give pretty good results, neither will give you vastly superior possession over opposition on a regular basis, so if you are aiming for a 352 possession tactic that could be a good starting point for you. Wingers can be very wasteful.

Also like you, I would favour a DLP in the DM position rather than a def. midfielder or anchor man.

And 2 x attacking wingbacks, 2 centre backs and no def. midfielder could leave you pretty exposed at the back, especially if an opponent hits you fast on the counter. Depends on your team and style though I guess.

Back