Creating a new league - a little help here..

• Thread starter Thread starter jamielvo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 841

jamielvo

Reaction score
Hi, first time poster, long time browser here.

I've tried to create a new league; "The Natwest Island Games", comprising 10 island teams from the UK e.g. Anglesey, Guernsey, Western Isles etc. I wanted it to be relatively low-key, low-rep, so edited Malta's 'nation rules'. Selecting Malta now just gives this new Island league.

Everything works fine apart from one issue: although each team is set in an English, Scottish or Welsh city, and so gets E/S/W youth players, I can't figure out how to stop teams signing Maltese players. I'd rather they signed British players; I'm not sure, but I'd guess that Shetland & Orkney are not hotbeds of Maltese footballing talent.

I've tried removing Malta from the EU and setting league rules allowing no more than 1 non-EU player in a squad. I've also tried excluding Malta from its own "non-foreign" nations and similarly limiting foreign squad members. However neither of these have worked, teams still fill up with Maltese players; so my somewhat daft question is, does anyone know how to make Maltese players unavailable to the Maltese league??

I could remove the nation rules and re-do them for England, but I'd much rather keep the English leagues as they are running alongside my Island league.

Any help would be appreciated!

Back