Jimmy_x_

Reaction score
Creating a Manchester United Tactic

Alright guys, im looking to create a tactic for Manchester United.
The formation i am looking to play is a 4-4-2/ 4-2-2-2.
I am more of an attacking man, and like seeing players being put in on goal more at the risk of defence ( seeing as my defence is quite strong anyway).
I know i have made loads of these but i havent had much success with the suggestions i have been given in the past. I would really like to make my own tactic as i feel it makes the game feel a bit more personal :)

Screenshot of my team

manchesterunitedmanutdp.png

I also have De Gea as my keeper, but he is cut out at the top of the screenshot.

Preferable Starting XI

De Gea
Maicon
Vidic
Ferdinand
Evra
Nani
Sneijder
Carrick/Fletcher
Young
Rooney
Cavani

What am I looking for?

Im Looking for:

-Player Roles and Duties Suggestions
-Starting strategy and philosophy suggestions
-Team Instructions ( eg. creative freedom, closing down, passing)
- Tips and Tweaks ( eg. settings to make wingers more effective or settings to make a DLF be more creative)

Thankyou for reading! I really hope you can help me!^^)

Creating a Manchester United Tactic

Alright guys, im looking to create a tactic for Manchester United.
The formation i am looking to play is a 4-4-2/ 4-2-2-2.
I am more of an attacking man, and like seeing players being put in on goal more at the risk of defence ( seeing as my defence is quite strong anyway).
I know i have made loads of these but i havent had much success with the suggestions i have been given in the past. I would really like to make my own tactic as i feel it makes the game feel a bit more personal :)

Screenshot of my team

manchesterunitedmanutdp.png

I also have De Gea as my keeper, but he is cut out at the top of the screenshot.

Preferable Starting XI

De Gea Gk Defend
Maicon Wingback/Fullback Attack
Vidic Centerback defend
Ferdinand centerback/some say ball playing - defend
Evra wingback/fullback attack
Nani inside forward attack
Sneijder advanced playmaker attack
Carrick/Fletcher Fletcher= Box2Box carrick id put as ball winning.
Young inside forward attack
Rooney complete forward support or poacher
Cavani he can be anything really :p complete forward if you put rooney as poacher

What am I looking for?

Im Looking for:

-Player Roles and Duties Suggestions
-Starting strategy and philosophy suggestions Gk dr dc dc dl mc mc amr aml st st - id play fluid and attacking
-Team Instructions ( eg. creative freedom, closing down, passing) i go for closing down a lot, direct passing, man marking, hard tackling, then everything else is just balanced.
- Tips and Tweaks ( eg. settings to make wingers more effective or settings to make a DLF be more creative)
I would go onto all your players and set long shots to rarely, you waste a lot less oportunities and rooney passes a lot more.

Thankyou for reading! I really hope you can help me!^^)

Edited in the Quote mate ;)

Thanks for all the advice and help so far. Anyone else got some more ideas i can put into this tactic?

---------- Post added 31/08/2011 at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was 30/08/2011 at 09:52 PM ----------

Thanks for all the advice and help so far. Anyone else got some more ideas i can put into this tactic?
?

If you want to play attacking football.. why dont just play the orgianl Devasto 4.2.2.2?

I know all those tactics work great, and i have had alot of success with them. But this thread is about making my own tactic....

i think you should use a 442 fluid, short passing as your team is full of good passers of the football. Get rooney to roam anywhere he wants and sneijder to push up and play as a treq...see the false 10 in modern tatical chalkboard...and get carrick or fletcher to be as defensive minded as possible to be able to cope with sneijders constant pushing up...

If you want an Attacking Tactic you should really go with

Philosophy - Balanced
Starting Strategy - Attacking

Fletcher - Box-To-Box/ Ball-Winning Midfielder
Sneijder - SHOULD be at the Central of Midfield or Attacking Midfield as your Advanced Playmaker!
Rooney - Is rather good as a Poacher in my previous saves, so could try him in that role

Last edited: