Creating the Winter League for New Zealand (Help wanted)

• Thread starter Thread starter adamhand7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 1K

adamhand7

Reaction score
I may be the only one who is interested in this idea but hey maybe somebody will want this database too.... I know I have always wanted to manager West Auckland AFC in a proper winter league for a few years

Bit of history for those not familar with how Football works in NZ

New Zealand has a closed Summer League (non relegation or promotion, ASB Premiership) The clubs that compete have players from a number of local clubs. In the winter these players play for there local club in regional competitions. Unless has a solution I will make the ASB Premiership extinct (sadly) I would rather have those players playing for their local club.

The winter leagues consist of these federations

Federation One (United Soccer 1) - Northland, Northern and Western Auckland
Federation Two (Auckland Football Federation) - Central, Eastern and Western Auckland
Federation Three (Waikato-Bay of Plenty Football) - Waikato, Bay of Plenty and King Country
Federation Four (Central Football) - Gisborne, Hawke's Bay, Taranaki, Manawatu-Wanganui
Federation Five (Capital Football) - Greater Wellington, including the Kapiti Coast and Wairarapa
Federation Six (Mainland Football) - Tasman, Marlborough, Nelson, West Coast, Northern and Central Canterbury
Federation Seven (Footballsouth) - Southern Canterbury, Otago, Southland

which are made into 4 regional competitions

The Lotto Sport Italia NRFL Premier, consisting of teams from Federations Two (Auckland) and Three (Waikato/Bay of Plenty) and as the bottom tier Federation 1 (Northland, Northern and Western Auckland)

The Central Premier League, consisting of teams from Federations Four (Central North Island) and Five (Greater Wellington)

The Robbie's Premier Football League, consisting of teams from Federation Six (Northern South Island)

The ODT Footballsouth Premier League, consisting of teams from Federation Seven (Lower South Island)

So you may ask why are you posting? WELL, I want some help! As I found out last night there is a lot of work to be done!

I am pretty familar with Northern Region Football League and US1 (since i play in it) But I would love help creating some of the lower leagues in each region

Northern Region Football League

I have it in this structure

NRFL Premier (10 teams)
NRFL Division 1 (12 Teams)
NRFL Division 2 (12 teams)
US1 (6 Teams)

Central football and Capital football
Central Premier League (10 teams)

Mainland Football
Mainland Premier league (8 teams)

FootballSouth
FootballSouth Premier League (10 teams)

I want to make this accurate with real players, coaches, stadiums, rivalries etc etc
Long term project obviously

so if you want to help, either post or pm me

Cheers,
Adam

Back