Cristian Zapata: Role :Limited defender Duty :Cover

• Thread starter Thread starter diplj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 7K

diplj

Reaction score
Well as you can see from the title i think Zapata as a Limited defender with duty set to cover is Insane. My team in the last season won 32 games in league with him and Pique as defensive partnership.

We conceded only 25 goals and won all of our home games while conceding only 7 goals at home.

See the screen shot.

zapata, sakho, chiellini are all great defenders after the age of vidic in fm10

Cover Defenders: Fast, Good Tackling, Marking stat doesn't matter.
Put them in ZONAL DEFENDING.
Hard tackling.
They will pick up people like Torres.
Best examples: Micah Richards, Zapata, Chiellini, Lucio, Nelson Rivas.

Stopper Defenders: Good tackling, good marking, good heading.
Put them in MAN MARKING.
They will stop people like Adebayor and Drogba (Targets) from heading.
Best examples: Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Matterazi.

I see you put Materazzi in there, he was easily my best player when I did an Inter save on FM09, conceding 5 league goals all season losing just 1 and drawing 2 (not including cup competitions)

I see you put Materazzi in there, he was easily my best player when I did an Inter save on FM09, conceding 5 league goals all season losing just 1 and drawing 2 (not including cup competitions)

yep. With stoppers and sweepers. Speed doesn't matter. You could have speed rating of 2-5, and still make a beautiful tackle being the last man back. I still invest in Materazzi and Cannavaro. John Terry on my saves, i turn him into a sweeper and pure stopper. And let micah richards stop any fast runners as they go past Terry if he mistimes a tackle.

And with the marking i added. It can go either way, man marking with a stopper will stop people like Cahill and Lampard from long shots and passing amazingly well. But they can go zonal, then close down the players if they are that threatening. Same with cover defenders, they can be man or zonal. Man marking helps when only 1 fast striker is against your team, like Torres. Your defender should outpace or be just behind, to make the tackle on these players. if zonal, They just stick to random strikers. Stopping good passes aswell. This should help if you are strulling. :wub:

I imagine Pique and Zapata being so good

Follow My Bristol City Story Here

Don't know if I'd class Rio as a stopper, they are usually brick wall type defenders, Rio is more athletic

Man i don't get this.. So basically the pacy defenders sit behind the stopper (wall) defender?
So the stopper will close down opponent's striker and tackle them. If they do get past here comes the zonal pacy defender to cover it. - which leaves the other striker open?
I suck at defense. Help. :(

Back