Crossing Bug?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jakey2303
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 6K

Jakey2303

Reaction score
I've seen in a few different places that crossing is majorly OP, just wondering if there was any truth in it as this could be a real game killer!

Michael Burling
user-offline.png

Sports InteractiveJoin Date15th October 2002LocationWhite Hart LanePosts3,426

[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]
We are aware of issue with goals from crossing being too effective, especially towards players at back post, this is being investigated and under review.​

Michael Burling
user-offline.png

Sports InteractiveJoin Date15th October 2002LocationWhite Hart LanePosts3,426

icon1.png

We are aware of issue with goals from crossing being too effective, especially towards players at back post, this is being investigated and under review.​

Great news, cheers mate!

Glad their aware of it, nearly every goal I've conceded has come from a cross! Lol

I've seen in a few different places that crossing is majorly OP, just wondering if there was any truth in it as this could be a real game killer!
Lads, the point of the BETA release is for people to play the game and identify any bugs BEFORE the main release on Nov 2. If you find a bug then report it on SI Games forum and it should, hopefully, be fixed in time for the full release or first patch. Lots of people moaning about flaws and bugs but not reporting them defeats the purpose of a beta release

has no body realised u can use this to ur advantage. im managing AFC wimbledon. Jack Midson (6ft 2") as target man, on tactics set crosses to "Float Crosses" JM has scored 7 in 3, 6 from headers from crosses.

Use it before u lose it

has no body realised u can use this to ur advantage. im managing AFC wimbledon. Jack Midson (6ft 2") as target man, on tactics set crosses to "Float Crosses" JM has scored 7 in 3, 6 from headers from crosses.

Use it before u lose it
Exactly. Big Sam and Tony Pulis are having wet dreams about this match engine!

I deleted the game off my system last night due to frustration with the crossing bug, but since i have reinstalled the game tonight it seems to be less of an issue, maybe its my tactics or they have updated it im not sure :/

I have tried different tactics over the past 3 season and still can't deal with the "effective crossing". Is this something that's simply unstoppable due to a bug in the game ? As i have progressed far into my 4th season will i have to restart in order to receive the updates when FM is released or will they automatically be imported into my save with the exception of transfers ?

Not sure on the updates mate but i play a 4-3-3 narrow formation on a small pitch and i dont concede many from crosses!

I have tried different tactics over the past 3 season and still can't deal with the "effective crossing". Is this something that's simply unstoppable due to a bug in the game ? As i have progressed far into my 4th season will i have to restart in order to receive the updates when FM is released or will they automatically be imported into my save with the exception of transfers ?
Should be automatically updates

Not sure on the updates mate but i play a 4-3-3 narrow formation on a small pitch and i dont concede many from crosses!
How do you select the size of pitch on 2013 ? I would say 90% of the goals i concede are from crosses. Someone made a recent post saying SI were aware of the crosses being too effective so i guess its a bug some gamers are experiencing.

RE: defending against crossing I put a lot of work into defending (positioning and defence training) and I have noted that I don't concede anywhere near what is being reported from crosses/ set pieces. Point being the engine may be flawed until the full release but you can adapt - like you would have to IRL.

RE: defending against crossing I put a lot of work into defending (positioning and defence training) and I have noted that I don't concede anywhere near what is being reported from crosses/ set pieces. Point being the engine may be flawed until the full release but you can adapt - like you would have to IRL.
Agreed. I put my fullbacks and wingers on man marking and tight marking the opposition wingers and results have improved. You will still concede goals from crossing but it is much more stable and will be fixed on release day/first patch

Back