Curbishley linked with Villa job

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 541

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Alan Curbishley is among those to be interviewed for the vacant manager's post at Aston Villa, BBC Sport understands.

More...

to be fair he has been linked with every job since he has been un-employed. it will be a definate step down.

to be fair he has been linked with every job since he has been un-employed. it will be a definate step down.
how so? he is a good manager, and very proven in the prem

i fully expect you to love him haha, he was different class at Charlton.

haha yeah i may just be a tiny bit bisased (6)

trying to put that aside, i think he deserves another crack at the prem, he knows it very well and i dont think he would steer Villa too far wrong. i cant think of any more experienced PL managers off the top of my head that are without a job at the moment

yer he is a good manager but O'Neil is no dout the better gaffer.

Probably, yes, but we can't go around looking for better managers than MON because simple fact is there aren't any of that calibre free.

I like Curbishley. Frankly, I think he's a solid bet. Realistically, all Villa fans know that it would take a **** good manager to keep us at 6th and a genius to get higher. Curbishley is a good manager to begin the restructuring of the second phase of the Lerner era, that of cutting wage bills and a regrouping of resources. At the beginning of the Lerner era, youth facilities were heavily invested in and this is finally coming to fruition. Players like Albrighton and Delfouneso are just beginning to have their talent recognised outside of Villa Park, whereas other promising youngsters like Andreas Weimann, Ciaran Clark, Barry Bannan, Eric Lichaj, and Harry Forrester have yet to make a meaningful step up, but their time will come.

With Curbishley at the helm we can have a period of restructuring and development, and when we're better prepared we can push for fourth again later.

Probably, yes, but we can't go around looking for better managers than MON because simple fact is there aren't any of that calibre free.

I like Curbishley. Frankly, I think he's a solid bet. Realistically, all Villa fans know that it would take a **** good manager to keep us at 6th and a genius to get higher. Curbishley is a good manager to begin the restructuring of the second phase of the Lerner era, that of cutting wage bills and a regrouping of resources. At the beginning of the Lerner era, youth facilities were heavily invested in and this is finally coming to fruition. Players like Albrighton and Delfouneso are just beginning to have their talent recognised outside of Villa Park, whereas other promising youngsters like Andreas Weimann, Ciaran Clark, Barry Bannan, Eric Lichaj, and Harry Forrester have yet to make a meaningful step up, but their time will come.

With Curbishley at the helm we can have a period of restructuring and development, and when we're better prepared we can push for fourth again later.

i see your point and i agree mate, Curbs is proberly the most qualified free manager for the job.

Was linked with Reading when we sacked Podgers. Would've prefered him to McDermott, even now i would

Good manager, would do well at Villa in my opinion.

Back