Cutback Goals Everytime!

• Thread starter Thread starter RuggyLAD
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1K

RuggyLAD

Reaction score
Fed up of conceding goals on Football Manager 2013, I feel the match engine has flaws because I am having over 10+ shots most games and the opposition are having 1-4 shots on target and scoring every single chance.

The thing that bugs me is that 80% of those goals are 'Cutbacks' an attacking player runs into the box from the flank and knocks it back post where another attacking player runs in and taps it in. My right back/left back is never anywhere in sight and I'm at the stage where I'm thinking 'this is ridiculous'

I'm not one to usually complain but it's really frustrating and it's unrealistic in my opinion.

Anyone else conceding goals from cutbacks?

Fed up of conceding goals on Football Manager 2013, I feel the match engine has flaws because I am having over 10+ shots most games and the opposition are having 1-4 shots on target and scoring every single chance.

The thing that bugs me is that 80% of those goals are 'Cutbacks' an attacking player runs into the box from the flank and knocks it back post where another attacking player runs in and taps it in. My right back/left back is never anywhere in sight and I'm at the stage where I'm thinking 'this is ridiculous'

I'm not one to usually complain but it's really frustrating and it's unrealistic in my opinion.

Anyone else conceding goals from cutbacks?

The first sentence isnt actually a flaw. Just means the AI is dealing with your attacks much better than you are dealing with theirs.

If your full backs are no where near, set them to tightly mark the winger, or use OIs to do the same thing, close them down.

Still happening to me, I have used my OI to tightly mark the players but they still seem to score most the goals from crossed cut backs. I played Plymouth Argyle, Dominated possession and shooting stats but they had 3 shots on target, scored all 3 and beat me 3-2. I think there needs to be some tweaks.

I've found that the ME this time around has made crossing way way more dangerous than in previous versions.

I guess fight fire with fire. Grab yourself an excellent coacher, fantastic full backs with great crossing and you're good to go.

Still happening to me, I have used my OI to tightly mark the players but they still seem to score most the goals from crossed cut backs. I played Plymouth Argyle, Dominated possession and shooting stats but they had 3 shots on target, scored all 3 and beat me 3-2. I think there needs to be some tweaks.
Sounds like you're just getting hit on the counter to be honest. And since your fullbacks are nowhere in sight then I suggest adjusting their mentality and maybe setting them to manually mark the wingers in the player instructions and not the OI. And have your centrebacks cover the rest inside the box.

Back