• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish says he is flattered that relatives of those killed in the Hillsborough disaster are calling for him to be awarded a knighthood.

More...

He should be, Alex Ferguson got one, and he yells down the officals ears and get constant bans...

How can anyone consider giving a knighthood to the man who killed the Entertainers? :'(

I'd have no problem with KK getting one. The way he's represented the city and club as the article says, well what can you say. You can't use the word tremondous, as it is a massive understatement.

How do you know what he votes? What does that have to do with anything?

The current goverment decides who gets the honours.

Can you honestly say that you think KK votes ****** conservative ? Give me a break. He's intelligent & a man of the people.

The current goverment decides who gets the honours.

Can you honestly say that you think KK votes ****** conservative ? Give me a break. He's intelligent & a man of the people.

The queen decides who gets knighted. The government draws up the list. Considering they don't know how he votes, and most people get knighted based on current popularity and status, then the way he votes comes far lower down on the priority of drawing the list up. And what does his intelligence have to do with a thing? Most people I know who vote Labour, vote because they'll give them an easy ride on the benefits system. Since intelligence is somewhat proportional to income, and most of Labour's voters are from the poorest background, then I'd say the more intelligent man votes Tory.

:)

Tbh to think he won't get one because he doesn't "vote Tory" well thats just absolute BS. If he doesn't get one, he doesn't get one. I'd be disappointed, but there you. Politics has got SFA to do with it

The queen decides who gets knighted. The government draws up the list. Considering they don't know how he votes, and most people get knighted based on current popularity and status, then the way he votes comes far lower down on the priority of drawing the list up. And what does his intelligence have to do with a thing? Most people I know who vote Labour, vote because they'll give them an easy ride on the benefits system. Since intelligence is somewhat proportional to income, and most of Labour's voters are from the poorest background, then I'd say the more intelligent man votes Tory.

:)

seriously? the first one is anecdotal and cant necessarily be representative of everyone, and the second one is a mass generalisation

Last edited:
eriously? the first one is anecdotal and cant necessarily be representative of everyone, and the second one is a mass generalisation

If he wants to make ridiculous reasons for why someone wouldn't vote for a political party, then I'll make ridiculous use of statistical analysis to disprove it. At least mine has actual reasoning rather than pulling a statement out from nowhere.

In reality, the more intelligent man is more able to analyse the economic and social reasons to vote.

If he wants to make ridiculous reasons for why someone wouldn't vote for a political party, then I'll make ridiculous use of statistical analysis to disprove it. At least mine has actual reasoning rather than pulling a statement out from nowhere.

In reality, the more intelligent man is more able to analyse the economic and social reasons to vote.

still doesn't mean they would vote tory

Not that it matters in for daglish since the whole is thing is a "popular vote"

Sigh, trust people on here to move from our greatest club legend getting knighted to a political discussion. :(

Slightly OT, but when it comes to politics, if Clarkson and Co stood for election, I'd vote for them. So much sense, and politics would be a lot more fun lol.

But back OT, if there was a poll on this, no-one imo could begrudge KK getting a knighthood. Why shouldn't he get one?

still doesn't mean they would vote tory

Not that it matters in for daglish since the whole is thing is a popular vote

Wasn't saying that it does. Just showing that just because someone's intelligent doesn't mean they won't vote Tory. In reality, it's more likely to be the opposite.

seriously? the first one is anecdotal and cant necessarily be representative of everyone, and the second one is a mass generalisation

I would've thought you'd have realised a little bit of satire. ;)

Don't see why he shouldn't be given a knighthood. Deserves it more than some others who get it.

Wasn't saying that it does. Just showing that just because someone's intelligent doesn't mean they won't vote Tory. In reality, it's more likely to be the opposite.

In that case, all Labour MPs must be as thick as ****.

Back