Dalglish Out, Scofield In - Journey Back To The Top

• Thread starter Thread starter MScofield
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 4K

MScofield

Reaction score

View attachment 224287

Today it has been revealed that Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish has been sacked and relieved of his duty of Liverpool Manager. The feud between him and Chairman Thomas Werner is said to be the main reason for his resignation. The feud had first between Werner & Dalglish due to the differences in their expectations for the Club. Apparently Dalglish was starting to lose faith in his boys and couldn’t see them breaking into the top four. Werner was gutted with Dalglish’s attitude towards the team and thought it was best to let Dalglish go. Liverpool will now be looking for a new manager for the 2011/2012 campaign, and with the Chairman’s target for the season being a Title challenge, whoever the new man in charge will be most certainly faces a battle.

June 30th

The odds have been realised on who is tipped to be the next Liverpool boss. A few names mentioned are…

• Alan Curbishley – had a successful spell with Charlton, and impressively kept West Ham up a few seasons ago. 3/1
  • Unai Emery - The former Almeria man, and current Valencia boss is well known for his consistent changing of his starting 11. He’s been made at 5/1 to get the nod.
  • Rafa Benitez – Former Liverpool boss who was recently relieved from his duties at Inter Milan has been made at a long 20/1
  • Michael Scofield – Virtually Unknown Scofield has no experience in Management, and has just recently earned his coaching badges. 33/1 to get the job, a long shot to say the least.

July 6th

View attachment 224287

Today to many people’s surprise, unknown Michael Scofield has been appointed the new Liverpool manager for the upcoming season. Scofield is said to be shocked and very excited about the news and can’t wait to show everyone what he can do. Many Liverpool fans have been protesting outside the Stadium today as they feel appointing Scofield is a step in the wrong direction, and some have even been quoted to as saying Werner has lost the plot.

Michael was supposed to address the media today in his first press conference but due to the protesting, he has been told to stay away from the area for his own safety. There are rumours circulating that he is due to make an appearance on Sky Sports News sometime during the next couple of weeks for an exclusive interview with Jeff Stelling and Liverpool legend Phil Thompson.

July 12th
Breaking News

It has been comfired that Liverpool have completed the signing of exciting South African International Andile Jali from Orlando Pirates. Surprisingly the Pirates where willing to allow Jali to leave a reported fee of £325k. He is said to have a bright future and is a key player for the South African national side. Apparently he was impressed with Michaels plans for the future and was very excited to be a part of it. Jali is Scofields first signing as Liverpool Boss and will wear the number 12 shirt. It is also said that young Carlos Fierro is said to be in contract talks with the club. Scofield has had scouts watching him play for Chiva’s and the 17 year old is apparently in hot demand in Europe.

View attachment 224279
Jali in action for Orlando Pirates

July 15th
Interview with Sky Sports News

View attachment 224287

Jeff Stelling -“Hello you’re watching Sky Sports News at 7. We have an exclusive interview with new Liverpool manager Michael Scofield today. First things first Michael. Congratulations on getting the job in such unlikely fashion, how did you feel when you first received the news. I take that it must of come as quite a shock”

Michael Scofield “Thanks a lot Jeff! But of course I was shocked. There was no way that I thought I was even floating around as a possibility, but to then be offered the job without even applying for the position is absolutely nuts. But I relish the challenge and hope to prove people wrong”

Jeff StellingIm not surprised when you say you was shocked! Because quite clearly everyone involved in football, the media and of course the public where to! Talking about the public, do you have anything you would like to say regarding the reaction that was received due to the news of your appointment, especially from the Liverpool Fans?”

Michael Scofield - Yes, I’d like to say that all I want to do is bring make success to this tremendous club. I am not here to pull hinder our progress, I am here to bring back the success the club was used to and most importantly I want the fans to have something to cheer about. They deserve it as we arguably have the biggest fan base in the country. They are fantastic and we need to pay back their faith shown in the team over the last few years, by getting this club back to where it belongs. Top of the pile”

Phil Thompson- “I’m sorry to say this Michael, but I agree with the fans. You have no experience in the managerial business, and you expect to take a club like my be-loved Liverpool straight back to the top?! Let’s be realistic, Kenny was the man for the job and I’m absolutely baffled by you being appointed as the new man in charge!”

Michael Scofield- “I’m honestly sorry you feel that way Phil. I can understand what you’re saying, but every manager in the business today has been given an opportunity and has taken it by the scruff of the neck and gave it a real go, it either works out or doesn’t. I am a winner at the end of the day. I am here to do my job for Liverpool whether you like it or not. I hope I can win you over as well as the Liverpool fans who agree with your opinions. I know that me given the Liverpool job as my first is almost unreal, but everyone involved with the club is going to have to give me a little faith and hopefully we can be a success”

Jeff Stelling- “ Quickly before we have to let you go Michael , you confirmed the signings of Jali from Orlando Pirates this week, what was your thinking behind this transfer, and what does the player have to offer Liverpool”

Michael Scofield- “Jali is a great prospect for the future and is a tenacious ball winner and great team player. He reads the game very well for such a young player, and will competing with Lucas for the Defensive rock in our midfield. I am delighted to have him as a Liverpool player and I know he feels the same way about being here”

Jeff Stelling- “Ok well thanks for….Hold on we have just been informed that you have secured the signature of Branescu from Juventus on a season long loan with the option to a permanent deal, as well has Fierro has put pen to paper and will join up with your squad next season. How do you feel about this?”

Michael Scofield- “I was told earlier today that the deals where close to being finalised, of course im happy with the signings, they both have great futures a head of them”

Phil Thompson- “I am quite intrigued by the way you are opting to sign youngsters Michael, look at Arsenal. When was the last bit of silverware they won!? Youngsters don’t win you titles, surely you know this?”

Michael Scofield- “Phil, our current squad is more then capable of securing European football this season. With the right training and tactics we can achieve it this season most certainly. I and the Chairman have a 2 to 3 year plan for the Club, and the young guys brought in will be pivotal to it”

Jeff Stelling- “Sadly that’s all we have time for Michael. Thanks for joining us tonight and I wish you all the best for the season”

Michael Scofield “Cheers Jeff appreciate it. As for you Phil, can’t wait to meet again and receive your apology due to the clubs great success!

Phil Thompson“Phaaa can’t see that happening my friend”

From this point on, I will be bringing my story from this Media’s side to a personal one. It will include match reports, transfers and day to day going on’s as manager of Liverpool.

I was very happy to have secured the signings of Laurentio Branescu & Carlos Fierro. As i had pointed out in my interview with Sky Sports, they are for the future, definitely not the present. They are both on 17 years old and show amazing potential. Going to ask Reina if he is up for taking Branescu under his wing and teach a thing or two this year. Pepe is an amazing keeper and has a lot to off Branescu for sure. As for Fierro, he is going to continue his development at Chiva's has he is getting game time there at the moment and hopefully he is doing well. Most certainly going to ask one of our scouts to report to me on how he is playing.

The pre-season fixtures i allowed Clarky to take charge of due to the media and protests against me. May not be such a wise move but i asked Steve to play the tactics i want, but allowed him to pick the teams etc. This may back fire, but im sure keeping myself out of the way was important so the players could 100% focus on their football.

Only a week away from my first competitive game away to Stoke. Not the best place to start off your managerial career aye? But could of been worse! No doubt we will be looking to win the game and kick off the season with a bang!

Next update will be done shortly

Last edited:
wow, fantastic. got a follower. Check mines oot. The cook islands one :)

The day had finally come, was absolutely ******** myself as i knew it was such a big day and the start of a new life for me! As i got off the coach with the players i was greeted by boo's by the majority of Liverpool fans. I tried my best to keep a brave face and get into the stadium as quick as possible, but it really hurt seeing face to face how they felt about me. On one positive note there where a small hand full of fans who were chanting my name in a positive way which made me feel warmer inside.

View attachment 224318

Match Day 1
Stoke 1-0 Liverpool

View attachment 224332Frustarting day for all involved with LFC

I went with the more attacking formation to kick the season off. I felt this was a gamble as we were away and Stoke is definitely a tough place to play your football. But never the less we would go into the match looking for the win. But unfortunately we went 1-0 down early on from a strike from Jones and never looked like scoring. We had a lot of the ball, but simply couldn't do anything with it. Suarez was very disappointing and every time he picked up the ball he was very wasteful. All in all we deserved to lose.

View attachment 224335

View attachment 224318
Match Day 2
Liverpool 4-0 Norwich

View attachment 224337Suarez & Skrtel celebrating Liverpools 3rd goal

Great performance and we had bounced back well to the opening day defeat to Stoke. Al though Norwich never put up much of a fight, we were very impressive and totally dominated the game. Had bundles of chances and controlled the game from start to finish. 2 penalties from Kuyt and debut screamers from Adam and Henderson sealed our first win of the season. Man of the match was Adam, great shift from him and full deserved his goal. Put with 32 shots at goal in the game, we should have scored more!

View attachment 224334

View attachment 224338
Carling Cup 2nd Round
Liverpool 1-0 Bristol City

View attachment 224339Carroll scoring his first of the season

Job done as far as i was concerned, played a considerably weaker side and they played well, gave me a little to think about with the next game against Swansea. Great team goal finished off by Carroll put us through to the next round, in which we also meet Swansea. Jali also picked up the Man of the Match awards with his first start for us.

View attachment 224333

View attachment 224318

Match Day 3
Swansea 2-1 Liverpool

View attachment 224340Dyer celebrating his late winner against Liverpool

Yet again very disappointing away from Home, Dyer was outstanding for the Home side and Jose Enrique look like a little kid in this game. Dyer grabbed the first goal of the game early in the first half, well worked move by the Home team to be fair. 1-0 at HT, i gave the lads a bollocking at HT because they simply weren’t good enough, and the bollocking seemed to work. On the 58th minute, Adam chipped the ball from a corner to the edge of the box, to find Enrique to then hit it on the volley into the top corner. A truly outstanding strike, which of course was his first goal for the club. But we would end up having our hearts broken by a late goal from Dyer. It was a crappy goal from a corner and I’m definitely working on our defensive side of the game when we head back to training tomorrow.

View attachment 224336

Thought's on August

Simply we weren’t good enough. Realistically looking at those 3 fixtures in the league, we should of picked up 9 points in August. With Tottenham and Chelsea coming up in September these fixtures now have even more added pressure on us to pick up a result. Suarez and Carroll still haven't managed to score in the League, not sure if it’s my tactics or they are unsettled with the change of management at the club. I’m going to have a private chat with them both and tell them they need to improve their form if they want to compete for a starting place.

We are currently sitting 11th in the league having played 3. An improvement is 100% needed next month if we want to be taken seriously this season. Just arrived home so need to get some sleep for training tomorrow. A lot needs to be said and done at Liverpool and I’m making sure I’m the man to change our fortunes!

View attachment 224341

Breaking News

View attachment 224342

With only a few minutes to go until the deadline had passed, Liverpool have made one of the Transfers of the Summer. Thiago has joined up with Scofield and the rest of Liverpool squad until the end of the season on loan. It is said that there may be some sort of deal placed between the two sides in which Liverpool can purchase the Spaniard for £12.5 Million anytime during his loan spell.

View attachment 224343

I’m absolutely delighted to have got Thiago as late as we did. We was facing serious competition for his signature from Ajax and Palermo but he decided to ply his trade at Anfield and i couldn’t be any happier tonight. Had to stay up till gone 1am to sort this out with the Chairman but it was most definitely worth it. He'll add healthy competition to our squad with Adam, Henderson and now Thiago battling for a place in the heart of our Midfield. Hopefully he impresses so I can sign him on a permanent basis. Anyways time to hit the hay, been a long and tiresome month. Let hope for better in September.

September

After the disappointment of the first month of my managerial career, i was feeling pretty down but i know i needed to lift myself in order to lift the team. I went into training and first off called a team meeting regarding Thiago. He had just signed for us and wanted him to feel welcome.

Scofield - "Guys as you know we signed Thiago last night for the season, he's not too good with his english so Jose is going to be helping him out"

Gerrard - "Jose, tell him that its great to have him here at the club and i can't wait to play with him"

*Jose translated Gerrards message to Thiago*

Thiago
-"Gracias steven, su compañero de leyenda"

Jose
"He said Thank you steven, your a legend mate"

Scofield-"Alright alright, thats enough of the bonding, get yourselves out to training i'll be out there in 10 minutes"

View attachment 224370
Match day 4
Liverpool 0-1 Tottenham

View attachment 224371
Parker & Suarez battling it out

What can i say? Such a disappointing performance from us! We had most of the possession and a lot more opportunities then Spurs but my boys just cant put their chances away. My formation doesn't seem to be working. The wingers aren't getting on the ball enough and Suarez is also isolated up top by himself. Despite having most of the ball, Spurs scored on the counter with Bale crossing onto Adebayors head to seal the win for Redknapp and his team.

View attachment 224379

View attachment 224370

Match Day 5
Chelsea 3-1 Liverpool

View attachment 224383

​Drogba celebrating his spectacular goal

Such a disappointing score line, which doesn'tdo us justice at all. We went 1-0 up thanks a great goal from Suarez, he waslinking up well with Thiago and the pair were causing Chelsea some real problems.Lampard then struck a venomous strike to draw Chelsea level with 2 minutesremaining in the First Half. We played very well in the second half but we justweren’t clinical enough, and the longer the game went on you could just tellChelsea where going to take advantage of our lack luster finishing. They tookthe lead with a delightful lob from Malouda with 5 minutes remaining. ThenDrogba scored a real special goal in time added on to add salt to our wounds.

View attachment 224377

View attachment 224382
Carling Cup 3rd Round
Swansea 3-0 Liverpool

Carroll cant believe his teams performance

By far our worst performance to date. I had rested a lot of first team players, but it still is no excuses we were terrible. A Great free kick from Marcos Assuncao kicked off the hammering, then once again Nathan Dyer put on a master class scoring from 30 yards out after the play had been cleared from a corner. The thumping was then complete when Carragher was sloppy on the play, Danny Graham picked the ball off him and finished very well. We didn't create anything in this game at all which was the most worrying part.

View attachment 224380

This match really had me thinking about all the bad press and abuse from fans i had been receiving. Maybe they were right, maybe i wasn't the right man for the job. I was seriously considering having to resign if i couldn't turn this around. The next game in the league would be crucial.

Match Day 6
Liverpool 2-1 Manchester City

View attachment 224372Suarez celebrating his first goal of the game

An absolutely vital win. Suarez had finally kicked his season off and scored 2 goals which helped secure our first 3 points in 3 games. Our passing was a lot quicker and accurate then in our last game. The defence where also solid and didn't look like anything was getting past them, even Sergio Aguero. Manchester City pulled one back in injury time after Balloteli has his penalty saved by Reina but fortunately for him the ball fell straight back into his path for him to smash home. The final whistle blew and I had never been more relieved in my life. A real big 3 points picked up tonight and I was very proud of my boys - Man of the Match = Luis Suarez

View attachment 224378

Thoughts on September

Al thought my aim for this month was to improve on August, we had failed miserably. One positive was the win against City but apart from that we were awful. Time to start playing good and winning football. No more of the stuff we had been playing during the beginning of the campaign. Hopefully the win over City will kick our season off, its shut some of my critics up for the time beings but I know we must keep those types of performances up if we want them to stay away!

Here is the league table, quite far behind the top 4 already. But its not too much to ask for us.

View attachment 224392

Last edited:
Not a great start, but I LOVE how you're presenting this! I'm totally gonna follow you! And good luck in turning the season around, mate! I support Liverpool too, and Suarez and Carroll always struggle on my saves :/

Great story so far, love the layout and how you pay attention to detail (like myself:D), Liverpool always seem to struggle on the FM games but as soon as you find the right formation they are a force, currently in January 1st season and won every game except two which I have drawn, hope you have more look in the future and looking forward to the updates :)

Back