Dalglish replaced by an Arrogant Unknown?

Duglish

Reaction score
Decided to replace Kenny as looks abit stupid replacing Rodgers!

View attachment 281657

***** BREAKING NEWS *****

Liverpool have parted company with Manager Kenny Dalglish. The Anfield legend who guided Liverpool to the Carling Cup last season has been sacked for his failure to land Champions League football at Anfield. The favourite for the job remains Brendan Rodgers with Rafael Benitez also mooted for a return back to the Anfield hot seat.

***** DOUGHERTY UNVEILED AS MANAGER *****
Liverpool FC have confirmed the appointment of unknown manager Daniel Dougherty on a 3 year deal. The 35 year old has coached at Formby, Southport and AFC Liverpool. This news comes as more of a shock to the fans of Liverpool who wanted Rafa Benitez to take control of the helm for the second time. The man who brought the Champions League to Anfield in 2005 says the Club didn't even approach him and he would of jumped at the chance to speak to the Clubs owners. Ian Ayre had this to say "We want stability and the owners wanted their own man, the fans I understand will be anxious but they should be positive. I am sure they will enjoy what they hear at their first press conference".

Q. You sit here as new Liverpool manager. Reportedly a long life fan, how do you feel?
A. I am very proud to be the manager of such a special football Club and this represents a fantastic challenge for me. We have a very good squad full of world class players. I cannot wait to get started and implements my ideas.

Q. To most, this is a risk by the owners, would you agree?
A. No. I will grasp this opportunity and not let the people who have put their faith in me down. I will ensure any player that comes through the doors of Melwood will be prepared to run through a brick wall for this Club.

Q. What is your overall approach to the coaching and tactical side of the game?

A. We will play a variation of 4-3-3 and 4-5-1. Having said that there is no perfect system. But I have to make sure the system we use is closer to perfection to the degree we are prepared for it's natural weaknesses. My players will be well prepared and all I can ensure is that they give 100% for the fans, it is like when you go to war you have to know how your enemy will attack and defend.

Q. How do you aim to gain the respect of the players?

A. Once I speak to them and we get out on the training field they will see how I work and what I expect from them. If we work together then we have a great chance of success here.

Q. Will you be bringing in any staff or working with the current set-up here?

A. We have an excellent youth system and reserve set-up. However I will be bringing in 3 new faces, Johan Cruyff, Xavi Valero and Paco Ayesteran. Johan will help me on decisions, what we do in training, he understands everything about my methodology. Xavi has been here before, he knows the Club, and works will work with Pepe and the other goalkeepers, he will also work with offensive players to spot weaknesses of the opposition goalkeepers. Paco who has also been here before has the trust of the players, he is a fantastic coach with excellent fitness programmes.

Q. Are you happy with the current squad or do you know whose staying and whose going?
A. We have a good team but I hope to make some changes to the squad, I will not work with a large squad, only 21 players and the goalkeepers. That is all.

Q. What will happen in the transfer market?
A. I am planning a few moves already for some players who will improve the squad. We only have a small budget to work with at the moment but the board have promised me any funds from players that leave the club will be available to use.

Q. And finally what are your hopes for the campaign?
A. I am a new manager at a new Club. Some managers would use this as an excuse. They say they need time, and if I did that I would be protected. I prefer not to be like this. If you don't win the title in your first or second season you can tell everyone you need time. I could stay here for say maybe 4 or 5 years, keep not winning and then keep demanding more time. I can't be like this, I believe we can do it in the first season and if I do not, then I fail. It's simple. I prefer the pressure because that's how I live. I am here to be champion.